Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla approved Collision centers in and around Charlotte NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live near Charlotte NC. On the Tesla website they do not show any approved collision centers in North or South Carolina. Caliber Collision in Monroe NC claims they are approved. Anyone had any Tesla repairs done in the Charlotte area? I need the left rear door replaced. There is no other damage to the car. Caliber wants 13,000 to replace one door. Seems a bit excessive.

I live near Charlotte NC. On the Tesla website they do not show any approved collision centers in North or South Carolina. Caliber Collision in Monroe NC claims they are approved. Anyone had any Tesla repairs done in the Charlotte area? I need the left rear door replaced. There is no other damage to the car. Caliber wants 13,000 to replace one door. Seems a bit excessive.
They are approved in fact the last step of my repair (I was rear ended), they towed the car to Tesla to get it inspected.
There is also Hendricks on 74, they are also approved. Those are the only 2 Tesla approved shops I know of.

Yes caliber collision is WAYYYY too expensive. If I had to pay our of pocket id never use them.

Avoid Hendricks luxury. Really bad experience there. Went on for 5 months. They called to to get car and the headlights weren’t aims nor was the frunk liner installed.

Does anyone have any experience with the Charlotte Tesla Collision center? Only 5 reviews on Google and they are pretty bad. My 2 month old Model Y (1700 miles) got hit a few weeks ago - I have appts at Hendrick Luxury (on 1/2), Tesla (on 1/11), and Body Works Plus (on 4/25) - Body Works Plus appears to have great reviews, but obviously cant wait until April to get my car repaired. Is it worth waiting the extra 9 days to take it to Tesla vs Hendrick Luxury? (I see the previous commenter's opinion on Hendrick Luxury, but they do seem to have pretty decent reviews).

Does anyone have any experience with the Charlotte Tesla Collision center? Only 5 reviews on Google and they are pretty bad. My 2 month old Model Y (1700 miles) got hit a few weeks ago - I have appts at Hendrick Luxury (on 1/2), Tesla (on 1/11), and Body Works Plus (on 4/25) - Body Works Plus appears to have great reviews, but obviously cant wait until April to get my car repaired. Is it worth waiting the extra 9 days to take it to Tesla vs Hendrick Luxury? (I see the previous commenter's opinion on Hendrick Luxury, but they do seem to have pretty decent reviews).
I came here to vent about Henrdick for the second time in as many years. If I were you I'd try to get down to Caliber Collision near Mint HIl. We're using HLCC because appointments for Caliber and Tesla were a month past what Hendrick could do so we rolled the dice on these guys again.

I f****** hate them. Last year when they gave us the car back the rear camera wasn't working and they had no idea what was wrong, claimed they'd been on the phone with Tesla corp and doing all sorts of stuff to figure it out for days, but we'd been without the car for a couple months so we picked it up and paid Tesla about $80 to figure it out. They simply plugged it in.

HLCC is a *sugar* show at best. They're inconsistent about communicating, they never have any idea when something is going to be done, and everything is always a surprise to them. The rep I have this time is better at responding to requests for updates but provides the same vapidly useless information. "Oh, the parts should be here on Friday", "Oh, the parts didn't show up and we'll look into it", "Oh, it's been waiting on our one Tesla guy to do the mechanical thing for a few days".

They apparently have no clue how long it takes to do a job, and no time management skills whatsoever. My car has been waiting on mechanical/alignment for two weeks and they just have no idea when they'll be able to fit it in. Which is bloody absurd because they know exactly what their workload is, they have estimated time to repair down to a science, and they know how many people work for them.

They've told me multiple times that they only have one guy that can certify Teslas, too. Which seems damned short sighted because they also have a 3-5 week backlog of Tesla vehicles at any given time (their words to me, and to people I know who also have dealt with them).

The current rep has been padding his answers ever since we started, too. It might be a week or two before we get to something and then we can't do work on it until your insurance approves it and that takes forever. I've seen those approvals go through in < 24 hours every time.

They've been jerking me around for 4 collective months of my 2022 Model Y's life and jerked around a few of my colleagues over the last few years as well.

But we have no choice....