Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Casa Grande, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Casa Grande Planning and Zoning today. They stated that the Casa Grande Supercharger will be located at Culver's Ice Cream Store, 2453 E Florence, Casa Grande. This is a nice fast food/ice cream restaurant. It is located directly across the street from Mimi's, In and Out, Subway and a Harkins theater. All this is part of the Promenade Mall in Casa Grande just one block off the freeway.

Planning and zoning stated that the plans had been approved and they were awaiting the formal permit application. They indicated that it should be forthcoming in the next week or two.

Called Culvers and spoke to general manager, who after verifying his information with the owner, told me that they expected building to begin around the first of September and be completed before the snowbirds arrive. That would be middle of October or so.

This will certainly make travel from Tucson easier.

Spoke to Casa Grande Planning and Zoning today. They stated that the Casa Grande Supercharger will be located at Culver's Ice Cream Store, 2453 E Florence, Casa Grande. This is a nice fast food/ice cream restaurant. It is located directly across the street from Mimi's, In and Out, Subway and a Harkins theater. All this is part of the Promenade Mall in Casa Grande just one block off the freeway.

Planning and zoning stated that the plans had been approved and they were awaiting the formal permit application. They indicated that it should be forthcoming in the next week or two.

Called Culvers and spoke to general manager, who after verifying his information with the owner, told me that they expected building to begin around the first of September and be completed before the snowbirds arrive. That would be middle of October or so.

Great news and seems like a very good location. Culvers, Mimi's, In N Out, Subway are decent choices...Thanks for the investigative work!

I go to that Culver' s frequently. At certain times of the day their parking lot is FULL. Unless they are going to somehow expand into the vacant lot next door (doubtful) we may have frequent icing problems there at lunch and dinner time. I hope not. Otherwise a nice location.

Thanks for the information. I eagerly await the opening of this SC.

Your research is most appreciated, but am highly skeptical that they will move fast enough to be up and running in October. I'd predict December, maybe November.

John: A Tempe-Tucson round trip in a day in a 60 is pretty impressive! At the end you must have been running on the EV equivalent of 'fumes.' We need to come up with a term for that!

Remember that Jomo lives in Tempe, so is closer to Tucson. Probably 110-120 rated miles each way, so a 4-5 hours plugged in in Tucson would be easy for a day trip.

I did Carefree to Tucson last Nov. Used 150-155 rated each way, We charged overnight and had no issues.

But Casa Grande will be so much easier!

John,
What kind of mileage did you have left when you got back to Tucson? Did you charge at all while you were in Tempe?
Makes me a little more optimistic about the trip to Tucson I have planned to visit clients this fall. The CG supercharger would make it a snap though.
ZBB is right. I live in Tempe. I charged for 2.5 hrs at Picacho on the L2. Then I charged for another 2 hours at the Bookman's Sports/Whole Foods on Speedway. I left Tempe with a full battery (200 mi for me nowadays) and got back with 42 miles (so I probably didn't even need the charge in Tucson). I was driving around 70 mph most of the way (occasionally up to 78/down to 65 as the flow permitted). And I did take advantage of a couple of primo drafting opportunities. I didn't take note of my usage/rated remaining at my stops, but I wanted to make sure I made it back without any issues. Luckily no dust storms that day!

And yes, Casa Grande will make it very simple.

I just called the Dairy Queen and the Chevron Station and neither had any construction or Tesla Equipment on site. Now, these were just the folks answering the phone so maybe they don't know what to look for, but after several minutes describing what to look for they still said "nope... nothing!!" We'll have to get some eyes on site to verify. I'm about 45 minutes away and will be glad to check it out in the morning, however if a local Casa Grandeier can check it out that would be great! I'll monitor this post throughout the evening and if nothing by the morning I'll go check it out... WITH PHOTOS!!

I just called the Dairy Queen and the Chevron Station and neither had any construction or Tesla Equipment on site. Now, these were just the folks answering the phone so maybe they don't know what to look for, but after several minutes describing what to look for they still said "nope... nothing!!" We'll have to get some eyes on site to verify. I'm about 45 minutes away and will be glad to check it out in the morning, however if a local Casa Grandeier can check it out that would be great! I'll monitor this post throughout the evening and if nothing by the morning I'll go check it out... WITH PHOTOS!!

Hopefully I'll have some pictures sometime this weekend. So tempted to drive down there for a visit.

I messaged TES-E {local to Casa Grande.... minutes away} to check ASAP. Let's hope we can be spared the investigative trip with some fresh photos and info later tonight:)

Also the Dairy Queen is next to a 76 station not a Chevron... I'll call the 76 station and see what they say:)

If there is anything there I will get some photos messaged to me in a few minutes....19:02 at the moment... I'll post immediately. Stand By....

Last edited: