Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cambridge, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's what I was thinking, might have to keep it near a 100. The recent 450wh/KM have been scaring me a bit.
This is something I don’t get: how are people getting that high a rate? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place, but I’ve never hit 400 wh/km, much less any higher. Admittedly I’m not doing road trips yet, but I’m solidly in the 300-350 wh/km.

If you are doing lots of short trips you will be around 400. And once I was at 400 while driving in a snow/ice storm and I had to leave front and rear defrosters going at full heat/speed and I needed wipers and was going like 20 km/h on the 401.

Consumption is ALWAYS lower on the return trip. Perhaps the wind, but for sure the elevation change. When I drove a Chevy Volt, I could only get to about 3 km from my office on battery before the engine kicked in, but I could make it home on electricity with juice to spare... consistently.
that's interesting as I'd think Brampton was higher elevation than Cambridge.

Wind at your back heading east though generally.

This is something I don’t get: how are people getting that high a rate? Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place, but I’ve never hit 400 wh/km, much less any higher. Admittedly I’m not doing road trips yet, but I’m solidly in the 300-350 wh/km.
Don't forget the person you're responding to drives a Model X. They're quite a bit heavier and less efficient. From his signature...

"MX 75D - Metallic Blue w/Ultra White Seats - Dark Ash - 6 Seat - EAP - FSD - Subzero - Towing - SAS (New)"

I drove 500 kms on the weekend and averaged 330 wh/km in my P90D which is TERRIBLE on fuel compared to my 70D. Getting into the 400s would be local short trips only. It was -20 to -25 when I made this journey on Saturday and the car enjoyed consuming range to say the least. I had to hit 3 supercharger stops...one for 15 minutes one for 60 minutes to charge to full at Vaughan Mills, and one for 10 minutes.

The best I've seen from my P90D this winter on highway trips is about 260wh/km in subzero temps. The 70D in subzero temps could always stay under 200wh/km if I was drafting a truck at 107 in autopilot. P90D can't come close

Monday's progress. fullsizeoutput_333b.jpegfullsizeoutput_3338.jpeg

Reactions: MarcoRP
If you are doing lots of short trips you will be around 400. And once I was at 400 while driving in a snow/ice storm and I had to leave front and rear defrosters going at full heat/speed and I needed wipers and was going like 20 km/h on the 401.
That still doesn’t add up for me. My daily commute is about 40 km split between highway and urban driving during rush hour. I always have my cabin heaters, seat heater, and defrosters going these days and I’m still not getting near 400. It warmed to to above freezing this morning, so I was down around 250 or so.

That’s with me driving a Model X 100D as well, and doing periodic hard launches from traffic lights.

I am going from the energy view on the main screen - which seems to be the same as what you get on either side of the dashboard. It took me over three hours to get from Milton to the east end of Toronto. There was freezing rain/wet snow and I had to keep everything at full blast to have a chance of seeing where I was going. Traffic was crawling along at about 20km for much of this time.

sure enough it is. Not by much though. Maybe 50-60 feet. Around 820-850 in Brampton and around 900 in Cambridge. About 0.02% grade.

From where to where are you measuring? I'm surprised because from Waterloo to YYZ the elevation change is 185m = 606 feet, according to teslafi, and I didn't know brampton/cambridge were that different elevation wise.

From where to where are you measuring? I'm surprised because from Waterloo to YYZ the elevation change is 185m = 606 feet, according to teslafi, and I didn't know brampton/cambridge were that different elevation wise.
"Google Brampton elevation"

Brings up a map with elevation wherever you pin the map. Have at it.

Also, Waterloo is not Cambridge and YYZ is not in Brampton.

Topographic map Brampton

800 feet elevation in the heart of town, gets up to 900 feet in the northern part of Brampton, 700 in the southern tip near Mississauga.

If we want to be nerdy about it the m in Brampton and the B in Cambridge sit at 241m and 280 metres respectively.

39m = 129 feet

Over 75 kms, that's 0.05% grade.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-09-21-37-08-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-09-21-37-08-1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2018-01-09-21-37-22-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-09-21-37-22-1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Last edited: