Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brewer, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at the Augusta supercharger tonight.

I can confirm that a tesla tech is in the state of Maine, because I saw him with my own eyes as he did maintenance on the Augusta chargers.

He was a nice guy but could not give me any information about if or when he or anyone else would go to Brewer. It was clear to me that he is not allowed to discuss anything supercharger related that isn't already public knowledge.

But he is not local to Maine. I think it is sensible to assume that tesla would not send him to Augusta but NOT send him 100 miles up the road to do the commissioning that Brewer needs.

My guess -- and I stress that his is my hunch only, because he did not tell me anything about when Brewer would be visited -- is that he will go to Brewer and turn it on any day. Maybe tomorrow.

That guess is dependent on my belief that Brewer is waiting only on tesla now. If there are more city or state inspections needed, I could be wrong.
A non-committal "probably 1-2 weeks" is what I got.

IMG_0508.JPG

While that pic was uploading the driver of a blue CRV took a pic, I tried to get a pic of them but the upload took too long.

First RT SC. EV Gateway to Acadia National Park. So when do we celebrate? This is a holiday weekend and next weekend already has National Drive Electric Week events. How about dinner next Wednesday 9/7?

BTW, 395 night paving is supposed to be completed after tonight 9/1.

Last edited:
Wow, I never thought I would ever see the day that there would be something like this in Brewer (growing up as a kid in Bangor). Although I did drive to Taco Bell frequently when they had the first one in the state (I think). Anyone know if Somic makes any parts for Tesla (formerly Ishikawa, formerly ZF Lemforder, formerly BAC...)?

Sweeeet! Just in time. Used it today for the return trip from Montreal back to Nova Scotia.
brewer sc.jpg
brewer sc2.jpg

This would have been really useful for my Nova Scotia to Montreal trip yesterday. Used the CHAdeMO at Darling's but it overheated every 10 mins and needed 10 mins to cool down ... it was a warm day (even at 5pm) and in full sun. Wish Brewer SC would be opened by end of this week for the return trip!

nssailer, could you put a checkin on plugshare, they’ve deemed this site “coming soon” which is really a disservice to the holiday travelers. And thanks for the post, you’ve saved me having to make a detour from my commute to verify that it was still live.

Wich roads/superchargers have you uses from Montreal to NS?

Before the Brewer supercharger opened I charged at darling's Nissan and drove there to st Stephen NB on route 9, charged at the free 70 amp level 2 charger at the old provincial visitors center downtown (the charger is still there) then on to Moncton NB. My mother lives there so I charged at her house before heading to NS to see my father. But there is also a free 70 amp level 2 charger at the chateau Beausejour in Moncton. There is a CHAdeMO in Truro but I didn't need it.