Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - District Heights, MD (Q3 2022)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
District Heights, Maryland appeared in the latest Tesla map update with target opening in Q3 2022.

District Heights is a city in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States, located near north of Maryland Route 4 (Pennsylvania Avenue) and west of the Interstate 495, inside the beltway. The population was 5,837 in 2010. District Heights is located 10 miles southeast from central Washington, DC.

I think the supercharger could end up being in Forestville to the east.

No related permits seen yet in Prince George's County permit search for 3101 Donnell Dr (Target) or 3700 Donnell Dr (Royal Farms) or 3300 Forestville Rd (Royal Farms).
Permit History By Address
I also drove by each with nothing seen.

The Target here (# 1897, known as Forestville) is not on the December 2019 list that @MarcoRP found: Target has solar panels on its roof and is at one end of the mall known as Centre at Forestville.

Both Royal Farms have 8 parking spots in locations that would be good for superchargers. One Royal Farms is outside of the boundary shown by Google Maps but closer to I-495. The other is further away, and relatively new but only has one entrance/exit.

There is no Wawa or Sheetz nearby.

There are a few other shopping centers nearby to the west, one quite busy with a Chick-fil-A.

This will be the closest supercharger for my commute, so I'll keep an eye on the area.
Screenshot 2022-03-14 214006.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
I’m just going to say that I hope this area is well-patrolled. Not the best or safest area of PG County TBH…I wish there was a more feasible spot out on Route 4 towards Upper Marlboro.
There is one… at the royal farms on donnell drive. Right by route 4.

Although as a PG native, they do need to be shown some love. It’s not as bad as it has been in the past. There are great places in PG and it’s like a dead spot for chargers in the entire county except for the “popular“ places like the national harbor. Access to charging is rough from that area.

That location would definitely attract commuters going in and out of the city.

Although as an aside… another perfect place would be Rt 4 and 301 .

My two cents

There is one… at the royal farms on donnell drive. Right by route 4.

Although as a PG native, they do need to be shown some love. It’s not as bad as it has been in the past. There are great places in PG and it’s like a dead spot for chargers in the entire county except for the “popular“ places like the national harbor. Access to charging is rough from that area.

That location would definitely attract commuters going in and out of the city.

Although as an aside… another perfect place would be Rt 4 and 301 .

My two cents
Fair enough. I lived in different parts of PG (Landover, Bowie, etc.), and I agree that there needs to be some supercharger love in the county, especially since I-95 runs along that part of the Beltway. I personally think the Royal Farms off Ritchie-Marlboro would’ve been a better location.

• Love
Reactions: PStewart and Nda721