Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Belleville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sticker in the video says 135kw so I assume it's traditional style. Urban ones would make no sense in this location imo.
I think he means aesthetically speaking only. Like at Ottawa they're full rocket but the physical look is the urban charger look.

Personally I think the Urban chargers are hideous and the white and red regular ones look amazing, imposing and really catch people's attention The urban ones look like a vacuum at a coin op car wash.

Isn't there a theory that they will be moving all or pretty much all future installations to the urban style? Hence the urban style at Sherway which is different than pretty much all of the other shopping mall installs in Ontario.
None that I'm aware of. I am in favour of Tesla finding a cheaper way to do anything though... continue the disruption..

Given this station is bookended by two full power stations, just work that into your planning accordingly.

None that I'm aware of. I am in favour of Tesla finding a cheaper way to do anything though... continue the disruption..

Given this station is bookended by two full power stations, just work that into your planning accordingly.

I almost always try to roll into superchargers with less than 50 km range left, usually less than 40km.

Sometimes less than 20...

The reason, of course, is that I want 95kW charge rate (or even 96kW on occasion), which is the max my little 75D will draw. I usually leave (at the latest) shortly after the rate slows down, unless math requires me to stay a bit longer to make it to the next supercharger with just about 30km range.

All this is to minimize stopping time, so stopping at a highway charger that was 70some kW max charge rate is not something I would generally do.

Of course, my sort of supercharger surfing is not for the faint of heart, and requires some pretty deep trust in my math skills. And occasionally unexpected hills have put me in a bit of a bind...

I almost always try to roll into superchargers with less than 50 km range left, usually less than 40km.

Sometimes less than 20...

The reason, of course, is that I want 95kW charge rate (or even 96kW on occasion), which is the max my little 75D will draw. I usually leave (at the latest) shortly after the rate slows down, unless math requires me to stay a bit longer to make it to the next supercharger with just about 30km range.

All this is to minimize stopping time, so stopping at a highway charger that was 70some kW max charge rate is not something I would generally do.

Of course, my sort of supercharger surfing is not for the faint of heart, and requires some pretty deep trust in my math skills. And occasionally unexpected hills have put me in a bit of a bind...

On multiple occasions I've pulled into an SC with less than 2Kms of range and at least half those times the indicator was saying zero. That's why I keep at last 5 Kms of extension cord in the frunk.

OK, I now apologize for the merciless thread hijacking. Still, am left wondering how many Bellevilleois know of the reference.

It is a great film!

Why's that? It is nice that they are starting to back-fill in gaps like Belleville but this isn't that crucial since there are several in places like Pickering, Pt Hope and Kingston to facilitate travel on the 401.
Exactly Belleville is more like icing on the cake rather than being a real route opener.

Haven't heard about progress. Will ask friends nearby. When I saw it it was pretty early days yet so I reckon this will be a June or July opener.

Reactions: Avronp