Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beatty, NV (live 2016/2/9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site WAS turned on and lit up several weeks ago. Tesla may have been waiting until after the first of the new year to officially open it. As of 5pm pst today 1/1/16 the site is NOT LIVE! It's dark, no lights, locals HAVE NOT seen anyone around for weeks. Darn!!

It appears that the last hardware to go in is the electric utility's transformer. Once that's in, as a rule Tesla's contractor finishes up speedily, and the final city/county inspection is normally easy enough.

I've been told that rural or small utility companies can't afford to keep big, expensive and rarely-asked-for transformers ready to go in a warehouse somewhere, so they place an order for one from a manufacturer like General Electric only when one is needed — but regrettably that can take weeks or even months.

Anybody happen to notice if the transformer is in yet, or is it just an empty pad?

Any news on the HPWCs Tesla is installing there on what property they will be on? The RV park in town told me about them but wasn't sure who was involved. Am driving a Roadster from Reno to Las Vegas so am trying to plan my route. I have the Model S to Roadster CAN adapter from Henry Sharp (which is awesome by the way).

Any news on the HPWCs Tesla is installing there on what property they will be on? The RV park in town told me about them but wasn't sure who was involved. Am driving a Roadster from Reno to Las Vegas so am trying to plan my route. I have the Model S to Roadster CAN adapter from Henry Sharp (which is awesome by the way).
If you are over-nighting in Independence along 395, Ray's Den has a Nema 14-50.

Ok. supercharger is DONE. So is the regular ev charger next to it (possibly chademo). Pics to come. Planning on driving here from Tahoe either tomorrow or Saturday. They r just waiting on some paperwork to label the supercharger officially open.