Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beatty, NV (live 2016/2/9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until the Tesla test is done, the Supercharger is usually not turned on and "open."

OTOH, this site sounds like it is really close to being "open!"

I was be first person I think to Supercharge in Texas I believe. They used to just turn them on and I happened to go their one morning before Tesla did. They have a better procedure in place now it seems.

image1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The site is still not listed on Tesla's website but it does appear to be live now (see this morning's article).

First US 95 electric car charging station opens in Beatty | Las Vegas Review-Journal

That article talks about the NV Energy charging stations with only a tiny mention of Tesla. I am going to hold off on changing the thread title just a bit for confirmation. Evee should come back to the thread and tell us about that pic! The lights on the charging stands are lit but it doesn't look like Evee was actually charging.

On the Tesla Motors website "Find Us" page no Supercharger is shown at Beatty. Odd that it would be in the car nav but not on the TM website.

Not odd at all; it seems to be the Tesla way. There seem to be independently maintained databases for the Find Us page and the Car Nav. Then someone uses those to edit the maps on the Supercharger page.

Awesome! I'm updating the thread title with the good news (counting yesterday based on Evee's photo).

... or maybe not. It seems I can no longer edit the OP. I guess it requires a mod after a certain amount of time?

sorry about that. I made it back from Tahoe before this opened. Drove down Cali and went to lone pine, through Death Valley, then Vegas. The black tesla is the first tesla that they brought out to test the charger. Not mine yet.

All electrons were flowing perfectly today!!!

And here's a shot of the standard L2 chargers which are right next to the SC.
View attachment 111030

L2 in the foreground, but that sure looks like a Efacec dual CCS/CHAdeMO dual L3 in the background. See page 9 of this link for more details: http://www.afvroadshow.com/uploads/3/1/5/2/3152362/ev-dcfastcharging-efacec.pdf

Could this be the first Supercharger, L2, CCS, CHAdeMO, Quad-mode site in the desert of Nevada?