Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baker, CA - Expansion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting I think that means that atleast part of the expansion is now open but sounds like 20 stalls of the 56 stalls so this is a little deceptive saying 250 kW. Maybe Tesla should break it out to say 40 at 150 kW and 20 at 250 kW. This will be an appreciated additions for the Holidays travel this week and next.
Considering a lot of uninformed travelers may stop there, labels at the chargers of 150&250 max might be helpful similar to the lounge at Kettleman City. There are quite a few instances where Tesla lists the max output of a location even though all chargers cannot provide that output. At the original station in Mojave Stater Bros (northernmost Mojave) I observed 150kw v2 pull in stations that majority utilize and remain in vehicle instead of the 250kw v3 back in stations.

I'm excited to have the ability to get out of that Baker station quicker and find better restrooms...

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricCyclist
Does anyone have any pictures so the supercharge.info team can decide how to proceed here?
What are you looking for regarding pictures? 40 V2 at the original site in front (southeast) and 56 V3 behind the original site (northwest). Looks like the original two islands of 20v2 each, then the new site islands are rotated 90 degrees. Left one with 12 v3 (3 PSU), then center with 16 v3 (4 PSU), then right with 12 v3 (3 PSU) and 16 stand alone stalls behind the new islands.
1703198679870.png
It looks like it will be one big site so maybe this should be combined to say “Baker, CA - 40 V2, 56 V3”.

Reactions: iamnid
I’m wondering because the original V2 s have 40 but site shows 60 live so I’m wondering which if any of the the expansion are live. They have a history of bringing in mobile semi superchargers here.

I’m wondering because the original V2 s have 40 but site shows 60 live so I’m wondering which if any of the the expansion are live. They have a history of bringing in mobile semi superchargers here.
Aren’t Mobile superchargers usually a mega pack with urban posts? You can see the trailer in many of the photos here. The additional 20 are clearly listed as 250kw on Tesla.com Which would suggest expansion is partially active.
1703262279403.png

I guess for your request, can anybody who is charging here take a picture of the expansion and see which of them are active? Or if there is a mobile trailer with V3 stalls? Your initial question was a little vague as to what you wanted a picture of.

We've removed the separate Baker "Expansion" pin from supercharge.info since it's clear this is an expansion of the existing site.

It probably makes sense to merge the two Baker, CA TMC threads as well, since this expansion isn't any different than any other existing site getting more stalls.

I agree with having one thread for Baker, CA. I don't think we can really merge these two threads in any way that would make logical sense however. So I'm just going to close this thread for the expansion and ask that further discussion be continued in the original Baker, CA thread:

Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.