Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cardiff, CA (permit found)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dave EV

Jun 23, 2009
Earth
MarcoRP found a permit for another Supercharger in Cardiff-by-the-Sea (aka Cardiff, aka Encinitas), or the second location in Encinitas (1st discussed here). Number of stalls unknown.

Right off the freeway and great mexican restaurant next door, though not much else but a gas station convenience store and another gas station and mexican restaurant across across the street.

I would avoid doubting and being of little faith, lest you incur the wrath of Marco.
He does seem to have a temper. Nonetheless, he does things like show three different Supercharger permits all within 2 miles of each other (La Quinta, CA) when it is obvious one or two will be or has been abandoned. On the other hand, he is prolific at finding new sites.

Reactions: 1100MCM
I just posted a new supercharger location being constructed in Burbank, CA and when I pulled the permit the the valuation was exactly the same, $150,000. So I would put my money on it being a Tesla installation. The applicants and contractors aren't necessarily associated with Tesla but the equipment list gives it away. Attached is the permit for the one I found.

Attachments

• SuperCharger_Permit_Burbank.PNG
    SuperCharger_Permit_Burbank.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave EV