Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Round 2 on Research in the REI parking lot:

WORK DATE: 2/2/2018 9:00:00 AM TESLA IS LOOKING TO PUT A CHARGING STATION WHERE BEST SUITED IN THIS PARKING LOT. WE NEED ALL UTILITIES MARKED IN THIS AREA.
Nice find.
Just looked it up. That mall is super busy and PITA to move around in.
If this is for SC's they are going to be permanently ICEd :(

That location covers a good set of thoroughfares but... REI's an insane parking lot... always full of cars. Stalls will be permanently ICEd within 10 seconds of opening.

Unless they mean well around the corner past Whole Foods and more towards the Best Buy end.

Agreed, that area's a mess to get in and out of. Always tons of traffic. The farther from that Whole Foods, the better. Might be better to have it at the opposite corner at Stonelake and Research which hasn't been very busy since CompUSA shut down years ago. Or they could put it in that Lexus of Austin lot, they're never busy ;-)

Now that I think about it, is the Sam's Club there one that did NOT close down? I know they shut down a bunch pretty recently.

Agreed, that area's a mess to get in and out of. Always tons of traffic. The farther from that Whole Foods, the better. Might be better to have it at the opposite corner at Stonelake and Research which hasn't been very busy since CompUSA shut down years ago. Or they could put it in that Lexus of Austin lot, they're never busy ;-)

Now that I think about it, is the Sam's Club there one that did NOT close down? I know they shut down a bunch pretty recently.
Last I checked it was open and nobody parks along the edge of the lot on tx360 side.

Whole Foods is great. Even the Tesla owners are already used to parking there without plugging in.

Out at lunch at the mall (Bee Cave). Decided to prove my point and drive by Whole Foods.

24BC2DFC-1E24-4A66-A9A6-5F744013464C.jpeg

Was not disappointed.

Actually, quite disappointed.

• Funny
Reactions: jdo and anonim1979
Out at lunch at the mall (Bee Cave). Decided to prove my point and drive by Whole Foods.
Was not disappointed.

Damn, about 5 months ago, I was almost stranded there! Wouldn't have been a problem if College Station or Austin had been open at the time with Superchargers.

Incidentally, I just revised the Plugshare entry for this site to show that it has a single EV-Plug.

View attachment 277695

Was not disappointed.

Yep
This is worse than ICEing because an EV driver knows what happens when you REALLY need a charge but can’t because some entitled Tesla owner doesn’t want to walk across the parking lot.
I can excuse an ICE driver because hey don’t understand, these two are just selfish.

View attachment 277695

Was not disappointed.

This sign is in the garage at the Arbor mall. I'm not sure about the "reserved parking" as it seems to be in conflict, but I do like the rest of it. "No parking except for electric vehicle charging"

DVEmaKoVMAMbESN.jpg

Feel free to print this out and keep some in your car for moments like this: Dropbox - preview.pdf
It's a document of business card sized hints at good EV behavior.

I was joking earlier about putting the SC at the Lexus dealership, but there was some construction going on there... :D

• Funny
Reactions: DriverOne