Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, why do you believe they are Urban Superchargers?

It's a guess, but comes from a combination of 3 things:
  1. Location- From looking at google maps, It's not right on what I would consider a major travel route. Here I'm talking about main corridor, intercity/state.
  2. Number- Given the location, 18 seems like too many unless they are of the Urban style which are getting built in larger number installations. This is just based on my impression from following other SCs getting installed in the US.
  3. "Charging Posts"- In the linked filing, the hardware was described as "(18) Charging Posts." I've found this type of filing for more than 30 Tesla supercharger sites in Texas. I only recall seeing "posts" used 2 other times. Plano and Fort Worth. Plano I know is the Urban style, I believe Ft. Worth will be as well. And if they end up building this site in Austin, I think it will be too.

EDIT: sorry, my original post got corrupted somehow, so I've had to rewrite it as an edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
When I rewrote the above I forgot to say what the other filings called the SC EVSEs if not calling them "charging posts." When the project description included a full accounting of the hardware to be installed they were called "charging stalls" or "charging stations."

When I rewrote the above I forgot to say what the other filings called the SC EVSEs if not calling them "charging posts." When the project description included a full accounting of the hardware to be installed they were called "charging stalls" or "charging stations."
I think is worthy of a permit status on Supercharge info. What do you guys think?

Yep, same findings this week. Nothing there. They must just use that area as cone/tape storage. It was odd that one time they actually had the entire area cordoned off though.

Meh, urban Superchargers. Half the time I will curse their slow speed. The other half I will be grateful for not having to share!

That is going to be this property here: Harris Govern Map Search
There's a way to draw areas in google maps but I have to save it to "my maps" and it's not worth it for this, but there's a panera bread, texas running company, fastframe, instep, and urban mattress store in that building according to google.

When I was there last time there was a parking lot there that wasn't super full so maybe it's .. not a terrible location, but probably not a good one either.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Pretty sure this is the same place.
It says its the gateway shopping center, they haven't updated it with plans yet though.
Excellent. That was the plan review approved. And as of November 19th, Tesla has now applied for actual building permits! Though they are still pending and haven't been approved/issued yet.

Building permit: 2018-198190 BP
Electrical permit: 2018-198190 EP

But, I think this site now qualifies for a permit dot on supercharge.info @BlueShift. And it looks like, based on @thenaimis's post that they'll likely be in the parking lot behind the REI, my guess is HERE.

Address: 9800 1/2 Stonelake Blvd.; Austin, TX
18 stalls (72 kW likely, but not totally confirmed as yet)

Last edited:
I didn't catch where it said it would be a supercharger or that it would be 18 stalls though
[edit]
Please ignore my foolish comment. On more digging I found this file. LINK

9 Supercharger cabinets
18 Charging locations
12 Regular spots
6 ADA

Definitely the location then :D
Nice. That's a different source from mine, which was included in the second of posts #530 & #531 when I first identified the location.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Here maybe? Several stakes in the ground with flags on them, trees also have flags on them including several large oaks. Austin probably won't allow the trees to be cut down, but I bet it won't be necessary. One stake said "pole" and another "ANC" fwiw.
20181203_190318.jpg 20181203_190459.jpg