Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SUPER EXCITED - Just Finished Configuring my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, when I called Tesla about a week ago to check the status of my Model 3 order and when to expect the configuration email. They told me that it should happen in Dec or Jan at max as they were about done with sending the emails to Tesla owners in LA and about to start on non-owners. I asked if my CPO order helped and they said not really. So I think they are moving fast with the process and most people that placed reservations on 3/31 should start seeing invites. That is just a guess.

Today I drove for about 2 hours in the valley, Encino - Studio City area and saw 22 Teslas.

So yah, there are tons of them.

I live in the Bay Area and Tesla's really are a dime a dozen. That being said I was intrigued by the debate.

I checked the leaderboard in the Tesla app and Los Angeles is #1 in the US in terms of lbs of CO2 saved. Not sure if that means they drive more, own more Tesla's or both. Or maybe I'm reading this all wrong o_O

Just FYI, when I called Tesla about a week ago to check the status of my Model 3 order and when to expect the configuration email. They told me that it should happen in Dec or Jan at max as they were about done with sending the emails to Tesla owners in LA and about to start on non-owners. I asked if my CPO order helped and they said not really. So I think they are moving fast with the process and most people that placed reservations on 3/31 should start seeing invites. That is just a guess.
Which matches my prediction. Tesla has a delivery center in LA, they have a certain delivery capacity, so as long as there's enough production, they will keep sending invitations to keep their pipeline busy regardless if its previous owners or not. The delivery first for owners and non owners last will only be enforced for each of those pipelines (could be by DS, by delivery center, whatever).
The switch point from previous owners to non owners will be independent for each of those pipelines.