Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a model 3 in western Canada from inventory "coming soon"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here,was thinking about getting a Tesla MY for a while but then we go with M3 after test drives both.

Actually it was a 50/50 but then last week I saw the -$5000 from tesla came back plus federal incentives so it will be a total of $-10000,plus our favorite colour with grey as they changed as a default colour,might as well just go for a Tesla as my husband drives 80+km daily for work so he can take the M3 as I need to car 3 days a week.

Now I feel dumb as I didn't know the meaning of "coming soon" from their inventory,we placed $250(almost put another $650 for a wall change and need to pay right away which I wasn't so sure if I should pay for it right away before approving car loan etc.

So yesterday(July 10) I edit something on the document and got approval after 10 mins,then I started digging into more infos about delivery and found out "coming soon" means nothing.At the same time I'm not so sure if I should sell my current car to get some cash in hand,also not sure if I should ask electrician to install the wall charger for me(got an on site estimate already)

I think I am pretty much stuck in here,any experience about" coming soon" order and how long does it usually take?thank you.

To be honest I’ve been watching my local inventory and it goes from coming soon -> ready for delivery within a week… I’m in the east coast of Canada.

I’d say you’d get it quicker than us so maybe a few days! Do you have the VIN now?

To be honest I’ve been watching my local inventory and it goes from coming soon -> ready for delivery within a week… I’m in the east coast of Canada.

I’d say you’d get it quicker than us so maybe a few days! Do you have the VIN now?
No I don't,but called local tesla today they said my car is at Vancouver port and we will get an update hopefully by next week

Newbie here,was thinking about getting a Tesla MY for a while but then we go with M3 after test drives both.

Actually it was a 50/50 but then last week I saw the -$5000 from tesla came back plus federal incentives so it will be a total of $-10000,plus our favorite colour with grey as they changed as a default colour,might as well just go for a Tesla as my husband drives 80+km daily for work so he can take the M3 as I need to car 3 days a week.

Now I feel dumb as I didn't know the meaning of "coming soon" from their inventory,we placed $250(almost put another $650 for a wall change and need to pay right away which I wasn't so sure if I should pay for it right away before approving car loan etc.

So yesterday(July 10) I edit something on the document and got approval after 10 mins,then I started digging into more infos about delivery and found out "coming soon" means nothing.At the same time I'm not so sure if I should sell my current car to get some cash in hand,also not sure if I should ask electrician to install the wall charger for me(got an on site estimate already)

I think I am pretty much stuck in here,any experience about" coming soon" order and how long does it usually take?thank you.
$5000 from Tesla?

Soon may be a few months. I would keep your car until you get an actual delivery date. plenty Of people on here sold their car quickly because the buying process seems quick at first, and then they have to rent a car. No harm installing the charger early .

Soon may be a few months. I would keep your car until you get an actual delivery date. plenty Of people on here sold their car quickly because the buying process seems quick at first, and then they have to rent a car. No harm installing the charger early .
I actually dk,I replied on another post,funny thing is local tesla said my car is in the port of BC but online chat advisor said my car is on the boat,I told him the local SA told me it's at port of BC,then the online advisor said he thinks that means it's going to the port of BC

Idk who to trust now but now doing some researches regard wall connector,not sure I should get the tesla one or other brnad