Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Orders Today [Posted Jun 2 2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JustMatt

May 26, 2023
RI
Hello Everyone,

I've been looking at a Model 3 performance since I visited my friend a few months ago and got to drive his around for a weekend. Finally have gotten my wife reluctantly on board for buying our first real non practical car, but now I've got questions about what I'd receive if I placed an order now.

While I ended up being more amicable to the touchscreen centric user interface than I was expecting, I don't care for the idea of the steering wheel stalks being moved to the touchscreen too. Is this a change that has been at least unofficially accepted as fact? I saw an article about an announcement soon, so I'm guessing it would be a craps shot as to what I would get if I placed an order today.

There's a small chance I could act quick to grab some of the current inventory they're clearing out though so we'll see.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone has.

I highly doubt a Model 3 ordered today will be stalkless. The website is still clearly showing the stalks, and estimated delivery is very soon. At worst, if they try to sell you a stalkless car, refuse it and insist on a refund for your order fee because you ordered a car with stalks. Then go buy a used one if needed. :)

If I were in your position now, I'd go ahead and order. I would also keep an eye on inventory because why not. When I bought my M3P back in 2021, I ordered one and then spotted a local matching inventory car just a couple days later. I called my local sales center and had them assign it to my existing order, to avoid an extra order fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigNick