Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on Trade-in Valuation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well in these most unusal times, and are, like me, using anticipation for Model Y, including voratious consumption of any new youtube content about it, as a nice distraction from the (often unsettling) news of the day. Like many my status changed for my Blue Model Y Performance w/ Upgrade package last week to allow me to input registration info, choose payment method, etc. I am trading in a car and everything else has a check mark but my status for the trade in has been stuck at this since I input the info early last week:

Trade-In Valuation in Progress
A Tesla Advisor will review your vehicle details and contact you within 24 hours when your valuation is complete. This may take longer if your vehicle has a payoff

I own my car outright, so no loan/payoff, and I'm a bit concerned that it seems to be taking forever with no explanation. I've tried calling Tesla twice (both times it directed me to my local center) and both times the person I spoke to, including one this morning, said they'd send an e-mail to the trade-in people but i've never heard back. Any thoughts? Is my status stuck forever (I'm worried that I will lose my place without every check being satisfied)? Is this all irrelevant since I won't be getting a car anytime soon anyway? Has the pandemic taken down the trade-in valuation people, but nobody at Tesla noticed? Anyone else I should call/reach out to for more helpful info?

Thanks in advance.

Not that this is too helpful, but I am in the exact same situation. Been on Trade-in Valuation for a few days now. Whenever I call I get a message saying everyone is busy right now and to use the only chat (I've tried calling every hour haha). I assume it is transferring me to my local store which is probably closed down due to the virus.

I did chat with someone, and they said if I don't see anything in 72 hours to try back.

My case is not helpful either. I am in the same situation. All cleared except "trade-in". I did not try to call or chat.
I am in NJ, and this area is locked down mostly. Just waiting and check my account and email once an hour during working at home.

Sick of waiting to have my MY/ PearlWhite/ LR/ Black Interior/ 20" Induction Wheel.

Hope everything get back to normal soon.
Let's see.

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well in these most unusal times, and are, like me, using anticipation for Model Y, including voratious consumption of any new youtube content about it, as a nice distraction from the (often unsettling) news of the day. Like many my status changed for my Blue Model Y Performance w/ Upgrade package last week to allow me to input registration info, choose payment method, etc. I am trading in a car and everything else has a check mark but my status for the trade in has been stuck at this since I input the info early last week:

Trade-In Valuation in Progress
A Tesla Advisor will review your vehicle details and contact you within 24 hours when your valuation is complete. This may take longer if your vehicle has a payoff

I own my car outright, so no loan/payoff, and I'm a bit concerned that it seems to be taking forever with no explanation. I've tried calling Tesla twice (both times it directed me to my local center) and both times the person I spoke to, including one this morning, said they'd send an e-mail to the trade-in people but i've never heard back. Any thoughts? Is my status stuck forever (I'm worried that I will lose my place without every check being satisfied)? Is this all irrelevant since I won't be getting a car anytime soon anyway? Has the pandemic taken down the trade-in valuation people, but nobody at Tesla noticed? Anyone else I should call/reach out to for more helpful info?

Thanks in advance.

Well we were in the same spot for 2 weeks. So we hit the “I don’t want to trade in a car”, finished the steps and now we are at the “ we are drafting up you contract”. With our other Tesla, we did that for one of then. When they call to confirmed details and vin was assigned we told them then we want to trade in a car. They email us a trade in EvaluationKIT we uploaded the photos and they got us a trade in number before our assigned delivery date. It did happen fast when they needed to get the paper work done. So that is a option. I did this Saturday along with change our configuration for our current order and when we called the local store we told them we wanted to add a trade in. They emailed the trade department and they said they will email us the quote to accept. The team in Vegas will call you to confirm your details about the delivery. When they do tell them to add a trade in.

with what is going on currently, I don’t think a lot of us will get our cars. The factory shuts down today at EOB. So whatever is not built won’t be happening. If it’s built I’m sure they will try to send it out as “shipping” is consider essential business. Doesn’t mean it will happened but it’s possible.

however, you can always switch you configuration. Your account is kinda just waiting in a list until all things have checked and you’re at the drafting contract stage. Unless someone cxl their order and it matched yours in your area and your delivery location. But it’s better to be where everything is done and then when a vin appears or your MVPA tell them you want to trade. This could help. It was how we did our last two Tesla deals. Except we changed our configuration and the trade pop in before I could take it out on our last order M3P+

I’m not sure if it will work for you. However do know this, if your car isn’t built now and a trade in does appear, if the trade quote goes pass 30 days or 1k miles they have to do it over anyway. So it doesn’t hurt you to just add it when they actually have a vin and you’re about to take delivery.

this is just my opinion of course.

Well we were in the same spot for 2 weeks. So we hit the “I don’t want to trade in a car”, finished the steps and now we are at the “ we are drafting up you contract”. With our other Tesla, we did that for one of then. When they call to confirmed details and vin was assigned we told them then we want to trade in a car. They email us a trade in EvaluationKIT we uploaded the photos and they got us a trade in number before our assigned delivery date. It did happen fast when they needed to get the paper work done. So that is a option. I did this Saturday along with change our configuration for our current order and when we called the local store we told them we wanted to add a trade in. They emailed the trade department and they said they will email us the quote to accept. The team in Vegas will call you to confirm your details about the delivery. When they do tell them to add a trade in.

with what is going on currently, I don’t think a lot of us will get our cars. The factory shuts down today at EOB. So whatever is not built won’t be happening. If it’s built I’m sure they will try to send it out as “shipping” is consider essential business. Doesn’t mean it will happened but it’s possible.

however, you can always switch you configuration. Your account is kinda just waiting in a list until all things have checked and you’re at the drafting contract stage. Unless someone cxl their order and it matched yours in your area and your delivery location. But it’s better to be where everything is done and then when a vin appears or your MVPA tell them you want to trade. This could help. It was how we did our last two Tesla deals. Except we changed our configuration and the trade pop in before I could take it out on our last order M3P+

I’m not sure if it will work for you. However do know this, if your car isn’t built now and a trade in does appear, if the trade quote goes pass 30 days or 1k miles they have to do it over anyway. So it doesn’t hurt you to just add it when they actually have a vin and you’re about to take delivery.

this is just my opinion of course.
Good point. But what if the trade-in value is accepted and finance thru Tesla is also accepted and Tesla is not able to deliver the new car in 30 days? What happens to the trade-in value? On the same note, I am not sure why they are opening these steps to so many folks if they may not be able to deliver within 30 days. Seems odd.

I accepted their trade-in value for my 2018 MX 75D and also accepted loan terms at 2.75%.

Good point. But what if the trade-in value is accepted and finance thru Tesla is also accepted and Tesla is not able to deliver the new car in 30 days? What happens to the trade-in value? On the same note, I am not sure why they are opening these steps to so many folks if they may not be able to deliver within 30 days. Seems odd.

I accepted their trade-in value for my 2018 MX 75D and also accepted loan terms at 2.75%.
I did all the same things yesterday,, now in contract being built status,, I don’t understand why go thru all of this if we not going to see car in 30days,,

I agree with you. Unfortunately they have to redo the credit app and the trade in. Now some banks don’t actually do a full pull on the credit long as nothing has drastically change they should give you the same stuff again. It may and or may not effect you. But again, I totally agree, I don’t think it’s smart to open that stuff to people, knowing everyone will rush in and apply, them they can’t deliver and then you have a bunch of angry people with more credit hits than they needed. Another tip, if possible, go with your own bank or credit union. Most credit union give you a check for 60 days. Better chances than 30 days. But I’m hoping they can deliver your car. Which if they’re treating it like model 3, they batch build and then vin match. So you may not have anything to worry about. For some people it will be worst as they have paid for the car, and now “may” not get it until this shutdown ends. Like in the states where Tesla has closed some stores. That would scare me more.

You can always call them directly if you have any concerns. And while I agree with the others (that your car will probably sit there), it might as well sit in your garage than in someone else's! Even if you sell your car later, what primarily matters is the year, so it's not like you'd get any more money.

Today they gave me evaluation for my Avalon 2013 and the final trade-in value was $1. That's really funny.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.57.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.57.09 PM.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 526
I'm stuck on tradein valuation too. uploaded photos over 48 hours ago and havent heard a thing back. I assume since the Fremont factory is closed down my car wont get built for at least three weeks, so Tesla in no hurry to get back to me. I suspect the software in the system that asked me to load photos and then said i would hear from them in 24 hours didnt know about the factory shut down. I am just going to try to chill out for a few weeks.

On my latest few refreshes of the tesla account page (since I refresh constantly because I'm an addict now haha), I see this in my finance info. Anyone else?

View attachment 525313

I did a few minutes ago, but just reloaded the page and I'm back to what it had been before (ie, all information provided and now "we are drafting up your contract, etc...). Same status it has been in since 3/3.

Just an update, still no trade in valuation for me. I chatted with Tesla online yesterday and they were pretty useless, first looked into it and then just said you'll get a valuation closer to your delivery date. Which would theoretically be totally fine, as long as I knew that the trade-in box being incomplete wasn't pushing me out indefinitely (i.e. is their back-end software waiting for me to complete that?). So....no progress.

I chatted with them 3 different times with the same results haha. I kept trying to explain that since the page didn't seem completed I was worried I wouldn't be moving onto the next step. They kept saying it wouldn't hold anything up. So, I guess I just have to believe them.

I chatted with them 3 different times with the same results haha. I kept trying to explain that since the page didn't seem completed I was worried I wouldn't be moving onto the next step. They kept saying it wouldn't hold anything up. So, I guess I just have to believe them.
I understand ur concern. Mine sat in prepare mode for weeks,, then I called, spoke to my assigned rep and all of a sudden things moved. Lower interest rate, finalized trade in offer & now status is pulling contract together. Don’t know how long it will sit at this status ?