Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange fluid dripping from MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a brand new garage floor with my brand new Tesla MS. After about the first 5 days I have started to notice something is dripping just inside the drivers side front wheel. It leaves behind what looks like a rusty water stain. Any clue what this is and how to stop it.?

photo.JPG

This may be battery coolant. You should call Tesla service. There is another person on the forum who reported the same thing, and they were told not to drive or charge their vehicle. Tesla picked it up. I will edit the post in a second with a link.

Edit: jomo25 beat me to it. That's the thread.

Last edited:
Actually the battery coolant was blue, not orange/yellow. I have something similar, and I see this orange/rusty drip right on my front grill, almost if it is something behind the headlamps, especially after rinsing the car. I just sent a picture to Dave at the Columbus Service Center today.

That is possible, but it is very distinctly colored, and local to that area. Makes me wonder where the color is coming from. I'll definitely post what I hear. Rangers are coming out to install my Rear Seats soon, hopefully they will take a look then.

I'd say you have a very different fluid from Steve841. Your fluid has a definite dirt color to it. Have it identified at a service center or from a ranger but you're probably safe. Steve's car flashed warnings and told him there was a problem. If your car remains silent and you notice no difference yourself then stop in at your convenience.

I had exactly the same stain on my floor as well. I also live in Florida. It's the result of the oak tree blooms that fall in my driveway. As the get crushed and when wet get caught in the tires and wheel well. Add to that any condensation from the car and you get a nice coffee looking stain. Wish I had taken a picture, yours is exactly what mine looked like.

OTOH Martini might be right...cup of Starbucks left in the quarter panel.:wink:

I also had some liquid on my garage floor at the level of the driver's front wheel, I assumed that it was water (it had no obvious color aside from having mixed with the winter's worth of dirt on the floor), and it has not occurred consistently.

However, I did notice a bright orange powder in the driver's fog light assembly after having the car pressure washed (touchless automatic) for the first time. I'll try to get a picture if I can. Not sure what it is...

I did not taste it, but can send anyone interested a sample for "dégustation" :biggrin: