Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steel Grey on Grey P85+ Clear Bra, Chrome Vinyl Wrap and Nano Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are having an absolute blast with this project. Putting on final touches today and nano coating entire MS...the wait is almost over Justin. Thanks for letting us do what we do best and trusting us to do it "GP" style...I think photo documentaries such as this help others see what's involved in doing the scope of work at this level and how it's done. It also allows the owner to see daily progress. Funny enough, we have clients come by for "visiting hours" so they can see progress at the day's end. There's a reason we call our studio, the "asylum" ;)

Last edited:
thanks for all the compliments, glad you like it ... I struggled a little with the front end, trying to decide what to do with the lower section ... body color v.s. black v.s. carbon fiber ... still not sure I made the best choice, but it's growing on me ... one reassuring thing to note is that covering the parking sensors has absolutely no effect on their performance

I chose to have the chrome wrapped because painting is basically "irreversible" ... I don't know exactly what they do, but the prep work for painting chrome involves sanding or scuffing or something to the surface to make the paint stick, ruining the chrome in the process ... at the time I wasn't ready to make that commitment, but I'm so pleased with the look that in retrospect I probably should have gotten it painted

the "carbon fiber" is just vinyl wrap, too ... also on the skinny upper section of the nosecone, and the rear diffuser ... achieves the same look as CF at a fraction of the cost ... although if somebody came out with real CF mirror bodies I'd probably buy a set ... I think I get more compliments on that one detail than anything else on the car

View attachment 60314

Looks awesome, would you mind posting a shot of the back end? Curious to see how the make and model logos came out.

Much Mahalo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... here are a couple quick iPhoto Pics... I will get some nicer ones when I have a second. I am too busy driving and having a good time.
Moe did an awesome job and I love the satin black on the trim and tints perfect.

IMG_0054-5.jpg

IMG_0053-5.jpg

IMG_0052-5.jpg

IMG_0051-2.jpg

We got so caught up in the actual work, I never got the opportunity to take final beauty shots. We'll do a follow-up service on this MS in a few weeks, and I'll post a nice pictography of the whole process for you guys. One of the most enjoyable Tesla transformations we've done and Justin was a pleasure to work with. He was more concerned about everything being done right and didn't rush us. Thanks again for the opportunity.

P.S. Glad you decided to go with matte black and not carbon on the accents...looks much better on this steel gray

We got so caught up in the actual work, I never got the opportunity to take final beauty shots. We'll do a follow-up service on this MS in a few weeks, and I'll post a nice pictography of the whole process for you guys. One of the most enjoyable Tesla transformations we've done and Justin was a pleasure to work with. He was more concerned about everything being done right and didn't rush us. Thanks again for the opportunity.

P.S. Glad you decided to go with matte black and not carbon on the accents...looks much better on this steel gray
Great work Moe. The back shot looks the best so far.

Great work Moe. The back shot looks the best so far.

Glad you enjoyed it as much as we did carrying out Justin's wishes.

Looks great!

Props to Moe and crew for de-chroming even the license plate frame.

That was the final request...Justin asked, we delivered :)

Did you wrap the logo and lettering or use plasti spray?

Neither...it was done the right way...we prepped, primed, and painted it to last the elements. Even something as simple as this, we try and do it "GP Style" :)

Hawaii J- Moe ended up painting the logos and lettering... spayed em matte black.

I can't wait to have Moe take some nice shots and do his write up... Yeh it was pretty painful dropping my brand new Tesla off to Moe right from the delivery center. The week seemed like an eternity but I was fine with the wait to let Moe take his time and have his inner OCD take control!

I have been getting some awesome comments/compliments. Favorite so far is "are you sure that's a Tesla... It sure doesn't look like a Tesla, it's too sporty looking?"

One issue though... Having the handles wrapped black really heats those puppies up. It's been warm the last couple days in Southern California and those handles in direct sunlight can easily burn you! Had to use my shirt to open the doors a couple times :cursing:

Hawaii J- Moe ended up painting the logos and lettering... spayed em matte black.

I can't wait to have Moe take some nice shots and do his write up... Yeh it was pretty painful dropping my brand new Tesla off to Moe right from the delivery center. The week seemed like an eternity but I was fine with the wait to let Moe take his time and have his inner OCD take control!

I have been getting some awesome comments/compliments. Favorite so far is "are you sure that's a Tesla... It sure doesn't look like a Tesla, it's too sporty looking?"

One issue though... Having the handles wrapped black really heats those puppies up. It's been warm the last couple days in Southern California and those handles in direct sunlight can easily burn you! Had to use my shirt to open the doors a couple times :cursing:

Thanks Justin. Getting your hands a little hot is a small price to pay for the car looking damn hot ;) It's like the sexy supermodel with the high heels...you know she's gotta be uncomfortable, but it's all about the look, baby.

I'm not sure which one I like better, the Black/Black MS we did with Carbon Fiber de-chrome, or your Steel Grey and matte black...I would make it an easy choice...I'd buy both and drive them every other day. When this whole project came together in the end, we all were speechless at the studio. It truly was stunning!!

"Both greys are nice but the lighter grey combined with the grey wheels is a home run."

After spending some time looking at the new Grey in natural light I would have to revise my previous comment.
Both greys are really nice in their own way and both are dynamite with the gray turbines.

this is like a masterpiece! it's b e a u t i f u l. Now i'm thinking, as soon as my MS is delivered (ETA late November, road trip to South Cali). my devil and angel on my shoulder are still debating...

LOL...listen to the little devil and c'mon down. When it's all done and the car is protected from Mother Nature and the other crazy drivers out there, the little Angel will be satisfied knowing your MS is perfectly safe ;)