Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to deliver Production P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not correct. I have orders everything on a P90DL, with every option selected, of course I also selected the premium upgrade. No Vin, nothing. Not even in the line for factory building. I really think Tesla is fixing something that has caused all those delays. I am very concerned...

A=>B does not imply B=>A. I said that only people with VINs get a delivery date on their home page, and that VINs only went to people with P90D and premium options. Not that everybody with a P90D/premium has a VIN.

Wasn't there speculation that the 22" carbon wheels may be in short supply? Didn't someone say there's a message in the design studio about that now if you pick the 22" carbon wheels with a P90D?

Can anyone who still has access to the design studio configure a P90D and then select the 22-inch wheels and see if there's any kind of warning about time line? If so, maybe post a screen shot?

Thanks,

-Chris

Why are you surprised with an 11K Res#? It will probably be a little while yet until you get a Vin.

Talked to the DS and told me that once you confirm your order, your Res # is no longer valid for your number in line, it's your confirmation date, P90D > 90D > 70D that will determine your new place in line. You will skip the line if you choose P90D and confirm the date earlier, and will take delivery before people who confirm late or did not choose P90D as their option. Plus i have read other people in this forum has received their VIN even without the P90D selected, i am very confused and i start to think getting VIN early does not mean getting the delivery early.

Talked to the DS and told me that once you confirm your order, your Res # is no longer valid for your number in line, it's your confirmation date, P90D > 90D > 70D that will determine your new place in line. You will skip the line if you choose P90D and confirm the date earlier, and will take delivery before people who confirm late or did not choose P90D as their option. Plus i have read other people in this forum has received their VIN even without the P90D selected, i am very confused and i start to think getting VIN early does not mean getting the delivery early.
There are no reported VIN assignments for non-P 90D models. I'm pretty early (#4787, confirmed 12/20) with a fully loaded 90D and have no VIN. There are many ahead of me, but I haven't seen a single non-P orderer report a VIN.

I'm betting it's the 22-inch carbon wheels that are holding your order up. Did you ask your DS about that? One option would be to ask specifically if changing to the silver wheels would speed your delivery. If so, you can always powdercoat or even dip the wheels after delivery if you want them darker. Would be a little drastic to potentially incur the $500 change fee on the off chance that the wheels are holding things up, though.

There are no reported VIN assignments for non-P 90D models. I'm pretty early (#4787, confirmed 12/20) with a fully loaded 90D and have no VIN. There are many ahead of me, but I haven't seen a single non-P orderer report a VIN.

I'm betting it's the 22-inch carbon wheels that are holding your order up. Did you ask your DS about that? One option would be to ask specifically if changing to the silver wheels would speed your delivery. If so, you can always powdercoat or even dip the wheels after delivery if you want them darker. Would be a little drastic to potentially incur the $500 change fee on the off chance that the wheels are holding things up, though.

This might be it! I will give the DS a call tomorrow asking for the silver wheel if possible to speed up the delivery. I really did not know the darn Black wheel will cause the whole car to be delayed.

The first couple of lines of your post are correct. However, so far, there are no confirmed Vin's for non-P cars. They do not necessarily build the cars in strict Vin order, but I don't think they're up to January confirmations yet.

The first couple of lines of your post are correct. However, so far, there are no confirmed Vin's for non-P cars. They do not necessarily build the cars in strict Vin order, but I don't think they're up to January confirmations yet.

I am sorry for the confusion. I do not mean 90D. What i mea is that I think i saw some people on this forum who confirmed after 1/4/16 with Res # or date later than mine (7/14) with similar build P90D already gotten their VIN. This confuses me a bit...

Just checked the design studio and it says deliveries begin mid 2016 when you select black onyx wheels.

I have black onyx wheels on my first model X reservation with a delivery date of feb - early March. Either I am lucky and am getting one of the few black onyx wheels they might have or my delivery date is wrong..

I went to the My Tesla page and got a big surprise. They have scheduled to deliver my car sometime between the 11-15 of February. My vin number is #000251. My ar is scheduled to be delivered to Orlando service center.

Another strange thing is I can no longer get to the Tesla Forum. When i ptess the link it takes me back to the main screen.

Don't pin your hopes on that delivery window. Mine says Dec 17-31, 2015 for a Denver delivery, but my Sig X is still in Fremont. :frown:

image.png

Just checked the design studio and it says deliveries begin mid 2016 when you select black onyx wheels.

I have black onyx wheels on my first model X reservation with a delivery date of feb - early March. Either I am lucky and am getting one of the few black onyx wheels they might have or my delivery date is wrong..
Could be either, but I would imagine they had a fixed stock of 22" carbon wheels to fulfill the earlier orders. When that stock started running low and replenishing it got tricky, that may have been when the put the message about the delay up in the design studio. Or they might have none of the 22" carbon wheels and your delivery date is wrong. Or they might actually have the wheels and your delivery rate could still be wrong. Too many unknown at this point, and not a lot of deliveries yet.

I just got another update on the delivery of my Model X. Yesterday "My Tesla" page said delivery from 2/15 to 2/25. Today it has been updated to day delivery between 2/10 - 2/15. I also got an email from my DS saying it had been loaded into an enclosed car carrier and it should be here next week.

I am more optimist that I really may see it next week on the other hand if I don't it wouldn't be a surprise.

VIN Assigned: 12/23/15
Scheduled Delivery Date: 2/10/16 - 2/15/16
Delivery: Orlando Service Center

Options: P90D, Titanium Metalic Paint, Tan Leather, Ash wood decor, Light Headliner, 20" silver helix wheels, Premium upgrade package, Tesla Red Break Calipers, Active Spoiler, Autopilot Convience Features, Supercharger Enabled, Six seat configuration (2-2-2), Towing Package, 75 Amp Charging, Smart Air Suspension

Talked to Tesla HeadQuaoter sale people and they said the black Onix wheel will not cause any delay for my Model X due to my early confirmation date. (1/4/16). All the people who sees the mid 2016 under the black Onix wheel option will be delayed. Don't know how reliable this answer is.

Anyone knows why the OP has a high reservation number but gets the delivery date and a VIN number?

Great news Darryl! Hopefully it's in your garage soon!

Seems like deliveries will trickle out at least through Q1 based on the estimates people are getting on MyTesla and their DS. I think most DSs want to underpromise and over perform (I hope), so that's why they tend to give dates way out in the future.

Q1 conference call should be helpful in understanding where they are in ramp up.

Great news, Darryl!! I hope you get your car soon, as that means the wait is almost over for more of us. Incidentally, here is my info. A local Tesla employee here in Minneapolis told me that my car was done, off the line, and in QC at Fremont as of 1/22/16. My Tesla page still shows a delivery window of "February - Early March".

Reservation Number: 1071 (Production)
VIN: 00013x

VIN Assigned: 12/23/15
Delivery: Minneapolis