Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ as sole family vehicle and for long road trips ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note the Tesla Wall Charger behind the car, this was at MGM Grand Las Vegas, it’s right next to the Uber/Lyft station. Only to find out that all hotel rooms in Vegas were sold out, so I drove back down to Primm and found a room at Whiskey Pete’s.

0C56A4D7-65EB-4FA8-8F91-A7B655852BE8.jpeg

Reactions: Acps110
I have an SR+. This is my first EV. Just got it March of this year.

We did PHX to Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley National Park, a few days in Vegas and then back home. It was 1693 kilometers. We had just over 3 hours of total charging time and I did the trip so we always have 20% battery when we arrive which is overkill but I had major range anxiety. The thing is you can spend more on a bigger battery and stop less. I didn’t mind stopping more. I’m in my 40’s and hated road trips. This car has changed everything for me with AP. I’ve met so many nice people at super chargers who’ve taught me so much about the car. We have two boys and they were on the trip.

I almost bought a Performance but just couldn’t justify it. I don’t regret not getting a bigger battery. If stopping more is a concern than go with a long range. I was in your shoes wondering the same thing and so far I’m really happy. (I would have bought an SR if I knew what they come with now)

I had the money to get more battery, I just didn’t think I needed it. If it bothers you, and you have the money get a long range. It will be worth it for piece of mind.

Just buy one. The car is amazing and no matter how annoying the buying and delivery experience can be for some, you forget everything when you smash the pedal down!!!

I have an SR+. This is my first EV. Just got it March of this year.

We did PHX to Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley National Park, a few days in Vegas and then back home. It was 1693 kilometers. We had just over 3 hours of total charging time and I did the trip so we always have 20% battery when we arrive which is overkill but I had major range anxiety. The thing is you can spend more on a bigger battery and stop less. I didn’t mind stopping more. I’m in my 40’s and hated road trips. This car has changed everything for me with AP. I’ve met so many nice people at super chargers who’ve taught me so much about the car. We have two boys and they were on the trip.

I almost bought a Performance but just couldn’t justify it. I don’t regret not getting a bigger battery. If stopping more is a concern than go with a long range. I was in your shoes wondering the same thing and so far I’m really happy. (I would have bought an SR if I knew what they come with now)

I had the money to get more battery, I just didn’t think I needed it. If it bothers you, and you have the money get a long range. It will be worth it for piece of mind.

Just buy one. The car is amazing and no matter how annoying the buying and delivery experience can be for some, you forget everything when you smash the pedal down!!!

1051 miles for conversion.