Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spring is here when will SuperCharger construction begin?

When will Tesla begin construction on the next batch of SuperChargers

• Prior to July 1

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • On July 1 or later

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's kind of crazy of you to say that SC construction in your area has gone dormant. Canada has experienced a >50% increase in superchargers in the last 6 months. And in that time, the number of superchargers in Ontario and Quebec has doubled.

Last year, you made a similar comment about Canadian Superchargers and ended all debate by saying you wouldn't be commenting further.
However, since you need to bring it up again, "doubling" of Superchargers doesn't mean much when you start out with so few. Quebec only had four seven months ago.

Last year, you made a similar comment about Canadian Superchargers and ended all debate by saying you wouldn't be commenting further.
However, since you need to bring it up again, "doubling" of Superchargers doesn't mean much when you start out with so few. Quebec only had four seven months ago.
I don't recall the post that your talking about. Just trying to provide some perspective here.

Reactions: Canuck
Plus ev does have a point that we're obviously a little spoiled (certainly here in the Toronto area) when we have added, in the last 6 months:

20 in barrie
20 in concord
20 in Markham
20 in pickering
20 in etobicoke
16 in Cambridge
20 in downtown Toronto

...but we're all moaning that the Belleville Brockville Hamilton London etc aren't starting fast enough :)

Out to Woodstock is pretty good coverage, assuming that Meadowvale/Miss get built, but beyond that it gets very sparse.

Yes, but so does the province. :)

They could put something at London, but between London and Comber, ON the 401, I can't find anywhere you'd want to put one. If you go off the 401, your choices don't improve much. Ridgetown, Rodney, West Lorne, Dutton; none of them appear to have the amenities that we'd expect with a super charger and only one of them appears to have a Tim Hortons!

I think they should have one at the Wellington Rd exit in London, and then one down half way between London and Comber - but as you mentioned there aren't a ton of amenities. But not all SCs will have a Tim Hortons nearby - some of the ones being built between Sudbury and Winnipeg certainly won't have fast food places nearby.

I think they should have one at the Wellington Rd exit in London, and then one down half way between London and Comber - but as you mentioned there aren't a ton of amenities. But not all SCs will have a Tim Hortons nearby - some of the ones being built between Sudbury and Winnipeg certainly won't have fast food places nearby.

Espanola, Blind River and the Sault all have Tim's, so panic averted. You are correct about most of the places after that but hey, when I want to visit Winnipeg there's usually a train involved. :)

Do we have any spies in St. Catharines? I'd be curious to know if construction has started out there yet.

• Informative
Reactions: SportsmanFlyer
Other than Mississauga (which is still seemingly nowhere in sight) what are the other most anticipated new supercharger locations that people are looking out for?

Personally I kind of don't need anymore with the thorough build out that just happened in the past 8 months. Pickering Vaughan Markham etobicoke Hamilton and Cambridge mean I'm pretty much covered no matter what direction I set off in for a 500 km round trip.