Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify/Apple Music over Bluetooth with standard audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a MX with UHFS and streamed music over Bluetooth via Spotify on my iPhone.The audio quality was pretty good however I am wondering if it would sound as great without the UHFS. They showroom doesnt have any demo models without the UHFS, so hoping someone on the forum has had a chance to experience both.

I understand that with audio the opinions are subjective but am hoping if someone can share the technical details on why there might be a difference. If it really is a Garbage in Garbage out audio system then the 9 speakers out to play pretty well from the Spotify premium songs over lossy Bluetooth.

As you put it, it is basically a "garbage in, garbage out" type system.

Think of it like this...The "standard" audio system is like a trash bag. The UHFS is like a trash bag with Febreeze.

The trash is only as stinky as what you put in it. The UHFS just makes it smell more pretty.

Savvy?

(Sorry...I didn't sleep very well last night...)

As you put it, it is basically a "garbage in, garbage out" type system.

Think of it like this...The "standard" audio system is like a trash bag. The UHFS is like a trash bag with Febreeze.

The trash is only as stinky as what you put in it. The UHFS just makes it smell more pretty.

Savvy?

(Sorry...I didn't sleep very well last night...)

That's a pretty harsh perspective, maybe you need a nap first. I have been very pleased with the UHFS, they sound staging is delectable, higher quality input like FLACC or high bitrate MP3 files make a huge difference. Although changing settings for Slacker to Best quality helps too.

I was only playing off his analogy involving garbage...

I think the UHFS sounds a bit muddled compared to the standard audio. It took me longer than it should have to get it sounding how I like it compared to the standard.

Also, as stated before, don't use the Dolby Surround feature. Ugh...