Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory OEM SiriusXM nearly working in Tesla 2022 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy cr@p, that's less than $1 a month.

Full disclosure, on this. When Sirius Satellite Radio first launched (this was many years before Sirius and XM merged into one company), they were trying to get customers. This was hard for them because just the addon hardware (3 different boxes at the time) to receive the service was over $400, and you still needed to install it yourself (or pay for that too). So they ran a "friends and family" promotion where, if you agree to pay for monthly service (at $13/month) for 3 years, they'll give you all the hardware for free. So I did that. Just beyond a year or so into paying $13 a month I knew I liked the service, and said I wanted to buy the lifetime sub. The very nice customer service rep essentially credited all the months I'd paid for service as credit toward lifetime, so I paid the remaining $240, buying out my commitment, getting my hardware for free, and had lifetime Sirius.

At that time they only had one subscription tier and all channels were inside it. Somewhere around 2013ish I think SiriusXM had merged by this point, but they broke it into a regular and premium tier. Howard Stern, a handful of other channels, and all the sports were in the higher tier that I didn't have. I called up SiriusXM and asked if I could get the premium tier added as lifetime: $75 charge. So I paid that.

So technically I paid $240 for lifetime in 2001 to 2003ish, then one more one-time payment for $75 about 10 years ago. But the end result is SiriusXM lifetime with every channel, so I'm happy with that.

• Love
Reactions: helobubba