Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation about the Opportunity Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an easily overlooked pocket in the current Model S design running along the front edge of the driver's and passenger's seats. This pocket is perfect for small items like this, but is too small for some sunglasses.

I specifically asked about this at the Menlo Park store in April and was told this apparent pocket was an artifact of the leather upholstering on the beta and will not be present on the production car.

At a minimum, Tesla should install some mount points into the floor. I've owned several minivans and SUVs which were configurable - with mount points in the floor where seats or a console could be mounted or removed. This would allow them to manufacture cars now without consoles - and then securely add the console later - and provide flexibility so that other consoles (perhaps by 3rd parties) could also be installed during the life of the car.

While I don't store a lot of stuff in my current LS - there are large pockets in the doors and two storage compartments in the center console - which I do use for some items. Plus there's a built-in sunglasses holder mounted in the ceiling above the rear view mirror.

Would be nice to have an option to add a center console with more concealed storage, larger (and more convenient) cup holders, and a place to hold one or two cell phones (connected to USB or accessory outlet).

for a centerconsole i would like to have
-easy accesible cupholders
-place to store an external HDD to connect to the entertainmentcenter (lockable)
-place to dock/charge/store your phone/mp3/pad
-place for sunglaces
-place for parkingcards/toll-tickets
-place for coins and keys

(curious what the proposals will be tomorrow)

When I go through the drive through and get a number 1, it comes with a drink and fries. My old car had two cup holders. One would hold the drink nicely, but I always had to contort the fries to squeeze them into the other cup holder. I would like to request a fries holder... it should be shaped properly to accept fries at the drive through. :tongue:

No one will be eating in my Model S anytime soon. :)

When I go through the drive through and get a number 1, it comes with a drink and fries. My old car had two cup holders. One would hold the drink nicely, but I always had to contort the fries to squeeze them into the other cup holder. I would like to request a fries holder... it should be shaped properly to accept fries at the drive through. :tongue:

NO. I need coffee!

death_before_decaf.jpg

This what you mean?

In all seriousness, a couple of USB ports for charging phones, tablets, etc... would be useful.

4 cup holders that will each hold 64 oz big gulp, a trenta starbucks sized cupholder, super-sized french fry holder & a ranch dressing dispenser

I love the idea of heat or chilled drinks and suggested it months ago. Awesome.

The 7-series BMWs have had a version of this in the center console since 2002. It basically forces the AC into the center console, but its nice for keeping drinks cool.
They also have little push-to-pop-out drawers, door compartments to hold things like umbrellas, gloves, or whatever, and pop-out rear seat cupholders mounted into the seats, which are VERY nice.

I'd love to have multiple USB and 12V ports, but just remember that any additional electrical outlets/plug-in components will add to the drain on the battery.

I'm interested to see what kinds of console options will appear in the coming days. Functional interior space with easy access for holding gadgets and whatnot should have been a no-brainer.

Refrigerated compartments, heated drinks, chilled drinks...:confused:

What the heck? Planning to be a roving barista?

"And in here I have a microwave. In the frunk, I've put small convection oven to make fresh pastries. And in the back, that's the real prize, a full bar complete with 3 beers on tap."

I consider it very important to have a place for small items in a car. Also I need to have a place to put documents which I collect while on a trip. For tax purposes, I need to keep records of all expenses. Currently I use a clip (as in a clipboard) to hold all those little receipts.

How about an umbrella in the doors, like some british cars have?

Or am I getting carried away here?

Last edited: