Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Speculation] 120kWh Model S links on German Tesla site?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure if this was photoshopped or legit, but someone on facebook posted that for a while today there were 100kWh and 120kWh Model S configurations posted on the German MS site. not sure if they are still there now. here is the photo that was posted:

12961615_10156780424315521_1524164819439313112_n.jpg

'Lack of noise'? It's be easy to copy/paste 'kWh Performance' from above, but none others are like it. Same with the zeros. And where did they get 1 and 2?

Nah the only way this could have been faked is if they started fresh with the same font and color, and then ran it through degradation procedures like screenshots.

Either this was an expert fake, or it's real.

Last edited:
This is a jpeg apparently (someone needs to learn how to choose the correct image format for screenshots). JPEGs have artifacts at random all over the place, so you can't tell if it's photoshopped or not just by looking at the noise. Maybe it just has less noise at the bottom because it's closer to that big blank space below the drop down menu.

Faking this is really easy though. Just download the webpage and edit it. See my attachment, which is a 100% legit screenshot of a web page that I edited to contain a new battery option that will probably never exist. :)

Attachments

• über battery.png
    über battery.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Maybe that really was some kind of software failure leak though. They probably have 100kWh models for internal testing, as we know the firmware already supports it. And they probably have a database table of all the cars, including test cars (so they can use superchargers and mobile apps on a test car).

It's possible that the CPO website failed to filter out testing cars when populating the drop down menu and that 100/120 option was displayed by accident. (SELECT DISTINCT battery_capacity, is_awd, is_performance FROM cars -- and then forgot to add WHERE is_testing = 0 or something like WHERE list_on_cpo_site = 1)

Maybe that really was some kind of software failure leak though. They probably have 100kWh models for internal testing, as we know the firmware already supports it. And they probably have a database table of all the cars, including test cars (so they can use superchargers and mobile apps on a test car).

I find it hard to believe that they would have both a 100 and 120 performance model at the same time in the same system, even for testing.

If they have both a 100 and 120 coming up soon, the 100 will be Allrandantrieb, and the 120 will be Allrandantrieb and Performance Allrandantrieb.

Occam's razor, and something about horses and zebras.

With a number of freeway refurbishments completed, and the average ICE beyond 100 kW, a lot of the autobahn travel during off peak hours is happening at 100 Mph or more for everybody in the left lane. Even delivery vans can do that nowadays. My A8 has a long term average speed including all types of driving of around 66 Mph.

I am really a Tesla fanboy and EV driver, but Elon has driven here himself, and he knows that Tesla has yet to deliver an autobahn worthy car that can dare come out of the truck lane for trips of more than 100 miles. We could use a few extra kWh dearly, and I am not talking yet another software embellished 77 kWh battery ;).

• Informative
Reactions: Subhuman
With a number of freeway refurbishments completed, and the average ICE beyond 100 kW, a lot of the autobahn travel during off peak hours is happening at 100 Mph or more for everybody in the left lane. Even delivery vans can do that nowadays. My A8 has a long term average speed including all types of driving of around 66 Mph.

I am really a Tesla fanboy and EV driver, but Elon has driven here himself, and he knows that Tesla has yet to deliver an autobahn worthy car that can dare come out of the truck lane for trips of more than 100 miles. We could use a few extra kWh dearly, and I am not talking yet another software embellished 77 kWh battery ;).

100 mph for everybody is probably overkill :) But it happens I cross Germany from far north to Switzerland (1200 km / 750 mi) during Easter break. It took exactly 14h (including breaks and traffic jam...). So it's an average of 85 km/h (~53 mph with breaks). Most of the trip was done with autopilot set to 150 km/h (~ 93 mph, max speed for autopilot). We have done only 4 superchargers breaks (Rhüden, Mücke, Hirschberg and Egerkingen) and we were 4 persons with lots of stuff.

So, to make it short : with a 85 kwh RWD Model S, you can already have fun at autobahn speed without worry too much about range (you have so many Supercherger over there)

PS: Autopilot is so relaxing, a HUGE plus for such trip :)

Reactions: Bladerunner