Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

some !#!**!# side-swiped my roadster in a hit and run

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Freakin' makes me so wary. I was on a date in my Mercedes G55 the other day and drove the length of a one-car alley between two tall buildings, and just as I was about to cross the sidewalk and enter the street some numb-nuts guy in a big green GM SUV started to turn in, stopped, then went for it and drove up to my bumper, signaling me to back up the alley. It was a very very long alley and there was a car pointing partway into it about halfway back, and I didn't budge. This bully inched closer and closer to my car until he rammed me. I was so pissed! He didn't have insurance... he lied and gave me a cab card for identification and my insurance company told me I've got to pay the $240 deductible.

i have never seen damaged CF panels in real life, but - in the pictures supplied by op, the cracks seem to expose card board??! And the second-to-last picture shows some white fabric, makes me think of glass fiber. Isn't CF meant to look black? Or is the fiber structure turning white when cracked?

When the CF panel on the Roadster is "cut or sliced", you can both see & feel the fibers and they do look white...not sure if this is because of a paint primer applied to the CF or not.

The replacement part for my car (driver's side quarter panel & fender) was medium-dark grey when I saw it (before being primed and installed on the car).

I had pictures of my damage (looked like a saw cut just below the driver's side door), but the #@!!&*%% tech who fired up my new Blackberry forgot to transfer them over...:cursing: