Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Exports being counted as Home Usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only way I can see the tesla inverter solar string stats (that I've found so far) is by rebooting the inverter, connecting directly to its local wifi, view the data which lasts for about 15 minutes before it turns off the internal wifi. A little counterproductive :). I've considered putting hall effect clamps on the DC array cables coming into the inverter, but haven't found a solution I like yet.

Exactly, but if you export the data its all home usage too. So it looks like the graphs are the only thing that are correct in the App
A few of us had that issue, but it was fixed by a recent update. Mine had been broken for over a year and now the graphs/statistics are correct in the app. Yours seems slightly different because your Net Grid Use number is incorrect. My Net Grid Use was always correct but the From Grid/To Grid numbers were off which throws off all the Home statistics.

Also, can you post all four screens with the Details turned on (little graph button next to Day)?

Last edited:
Yep, just installed the Powerwall-Dashboard, and here is what it shows for string data:

1686942712386.png

A few of us had that issue, but it was fixed by a recent update. Mine had been broken for over a year and now the graphs/statistics are correct in the app. Yours seems slightly different because your Net Grid Use number is incorrect. My Net Grid Use was always correct but the From Grid/To Grid numbers were off which throws off all the Home statistics.

Also, can you post all four screens with the Details turned on (little graph button next to Day)?
Sure thing, here is yesterday’s data. Hot day so you will see my heat pump running regularly but little else as no one is there.

Attachments

• IMG_2783.png
    IMG_2783.png
    336.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2784.png
    IMG_2784.png
    298 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2785.png
    IMG_2785.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2786.png
    IMG_2786.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 35
I'm baffled. The Solar To Home number is totally wrong too. Something in the CT setup or the Gateway configuration is just not right. I'd drag your installer back out and show them all the screens and show them the numbers that are clearly wrong. Don't let them leave until it's working as it should.