Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update v8.1 2018.32.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car feels nerfed after getting 32.2. We were on 24.7 since delivery (8/1) and now 0-20 mph drags like an ICE. Wife brought it up (she wasn’t aware of previous nerfing claims and isn’t on forums). My butt dyno agrees vehemently. Hope they bring it back but I suspect the change is permanent.

Others have commented that in one of the updates that you apparently skipped over, they reduced the torque to bring it in line with the published 5.1 seconds 0-60. Previously it felt more like 4.0 or 4.5 seconds. I cannot prove this, but I think that previously it was much quicker than advertised, and now it's closer to the published number. It's disappointing, but if it now matches the figure they've always stated, we can't really complain.

I miss the acceleration of the Roadster, but it's not something I need, and the car still takes off much faster than just about anything else on the road. It probably wouldn't beat that hot rod Ford with the open wheels and no muffler that I smoked with the Roadster one time, but very few gas cars can match it even with the apparent downgrade.

The left tail light appears dim on the on-screen car picture. I couldn't care less about that.

True, EAP is "only" $5,000...but based on my limited trial experience it still doesn't seem worth it. Of course that is only for me and my driving situation.
For me it was definitely $5k well spent. The commute is relaxing, boring roads are relaxing, but when the interesting stuff arrives I can really enjoy it.
Depending on what FSD looks like I’ll proably get that also.

For me it was definitely $5k well spent. The commute is relaxing, boring roads are relaxing, but when the interesting stuff arrives I can really enjoy it.
Depending on what FSD looks like I’ll proably get that also.

Me, too. Absolutely worth it. Of course that's an individual consideration that depends partly on your finances. I don't expect to pay for the FSD package, but could change my mind depending on what it includes. I will definitely buy a full FSD car when it becomes available. I just don't expect the 2018 Model 3 to become full FSD any time soon.

I noticed with this release the car locks really quickly. I unlocked the car by opening my rear door to put my bag on the back seat, closed the door and maybe paused for 10 seconds to talk to my wife, not even that. It self locked whilst I am standing there. Then it wont unlock unless I unlock my iPhone!

Previous versions it would lock when I walked away and would stay unlocked if I am next to the car...

• Informative
Reactions: israndy
I noticed with this release the car locks really quickly. I unlocked the car by opening my rear door to put my bag on the back seat, closed the door and maybe paused for 10 seconds to talk to my wife, not even that. It self locked whilst I am standing there. Then it wont unlock unless I unlock my iPhone!

Previous versions it would lock when I walked away and would stay unlocked if I am next to the car...
I like the new way better.

Because the car locked itself after I closed the passenger door. When I try the handle on the driver door the car doesnt detect my phone (despite 10 seconds before detecting it fine to unlock the back passenger door).
That sounds more like a phone problem than a car ( software version ) problem.

My phone ( Android - Samsung Note 8 ) allows me to re-open any door at any time as long as it is in blue tooth range. 90% of the time my phone is in my front pocket when accessing my Model 3.

That sounds more like a phone problem than a car problem.

My phone ( Android - Samsung Note 8 ) allows me to re-open any door at any time as long as it is in blue tooth range. 90% of the time my phone is in my front pocket when accessing my Model 3.

Yeah I dont know... I believe its phone problem too, because whenever I get an issue with the car not unlocking, simply waking the screen up on the phone will help the car detect it immediately. Must be something apple does with bluetooth

Yeah I dont know... I believe its phone problem too, because whenever I get an issue with the car not unlocking, simply waking the screen up on the phone will help the car detect it immediately. Must be something apple does with bluetooth
I know nothing about Apple at all...however I wonder if there is a way to keep a particular app from sleeping. It may wear down the phone battery faster, however maybe that would be worth it.

• Informative
Reactions: Dogwhistle