Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are we missing on Model S and Model X?

1. No user approval for NoA
  2. Blind Spot Monitoring Enhancements
  3. Enhanced Summons
  4. 5% increase (we don't have confirmation that this is coming to Model S or Model X, but I'm 1% hopeful)
  5. Increase Supercharging rate to 145kw with no sharing
  6. Enhancement to Auto Wipers
  7. Dog Mode
  8. Sentry Mode
  9. Dashcam with 3 cameras recording
  10. New HVAC UI/UX without tabs
  11. Auto heating/cooling of battery pack when navigation to Supercharger
  12. For P100D, the new Ludicrous+ speed mode (replaces Max Battery and Ludicrous + Easter egg)
  13. For P90D (non Ludicrous) & Model S/X Performance (non Ludicrous), the new Insane+ speed mode (replaces Max Battery and maybe something else.
  14. Trigger signal with a tap and auto end when land change completed
Was there anything else?

Note: This list is based on someone still on 2018.50.5

Last edited:

3. Enhanced Summons
  4. 5% increase (we don't have confirmation that this is coming to Model S or Model X, but I'm 1% hopeful)
  7. Dog Mode
  8. Sentry Mode
  12. For P100D, the new Ludicrous+ speed mode (replaces Max Battery and Ludicrous + Easter egg)
  13. For P90D (non Ludicrous) & Model S/X Performance (non Ludicrous), the new Insane+ speed mode (replaces Max Battery and maybe something else.
Was there anything else?

Note: This list is based on someone still on 2018.60.5
I read that you get, with one of the recent updates post 50.6, the ability to trigger lane change with a single tap and it turns off the blinker on its own when lane change is completed. Seems a simple upgrade but most convenient if will be applied to all AP cars.

3. Enhanced Summons
  7. Dog Mode
  8. Sentry Mode
Was there anything else?

I just want waypoints!!

• Love
Reactions: mazeminder
Chill mode would be useful for winter driving, since I don’t have AWD grip. So RWD cars with AP1 get it, interesting.

I have owned cars faster than my Model S 85. Not faster than a P85D, however (Not many cars out there are, other than the P90D, P100D and the eventual P120D).

Sure, pre-AP cars get bug fixes, and I don’t expect AP features to magically appear without the hardware for it, but I doubt the pre-AP cars will even get faster Supercharging performance with version 2019.X.Y.

Pre-AP cars are the unwanted bastard children of the fleet. Maybe I should rename my car from “WhiteWatterRapid” to Jon Snow. :)

Chill mode and the Version 8 control of the HVAC would make me happy until I can get a newer car with better performance and more “stuff”. Both are possible for Tesla to provide to pre-AP cars. I just don’t think they want to.

1. No one has it
2. It’s on the x, just not sure if it beeps or that useful
3. No one has it
6. The last few builds are the enhancements to make it worse
7. That’s in 2019.5 and 2019.8
10. It’s in 2019.5
14. It’s in 2019.5

3. Enhanced Summons
  7. Dog Mode
  8. Sentry Mode
Was there anything else?

3. Enhanced Summons
  7. Dog Mode
  8. Sentry Mode
Was there anything else?

Enhanced Summon and No Confirmation NoA appear to be present in the 2019.8.1 firmware (but not yet enabled) per @verygreen 's post on reddit. My guess is they are for early access participants only at this point.
Model X - 2019.8.1 Software Update : teslamotors

One correction, the 145kw supercharging rate will be the new max per car (only when no other car is using the same cabinet on V2)