Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea why NoA doesn't just have us pull the stalk when it is ready to disengage? Hitting the accelerator is horribly non-intuitive.

Despite AP being a huge regression in terms of general confidence, lane-keeping, and smoothness, it is pretty joy-inducing to have my car automatically take an exit.

Reactions: ironwaffle
My car pulled 7.5GB, then it stopped. Do you think it’s a maps update?

For context: I’m in Switzerland, running 34.1 and already have the new nav and maps.

Service Center told me today, that V9 was installed in Switzerland on 2 cars and revoked. But they don't know why.

Since than (according to teslafi.com and ev-fw.com ) no Swiss Tesla car received V9.
All other European countries received v9.

Yes we are special ;)

Any idea why NoA doesn't just have us pull the stalk when it is ready to disengage? Hitting the accelerator is horribly non-intuitive.

Despite AP being a huge regression in terms of general confidence, lane-keeping, and smoothness, it is pretty joy-inducing to have my car automatically take an exit.

What do you mean disengage? Mine smoothly transitioned to normal AP upon completion. When I got frustrated with lack of aggression, I made it lane change with the blinker and when I decided to stop altogether, I used the brake.

What do you mean disengage? Mine smoothly transitioned to normal AP upon completion. When I got frustrated with lack of aggression, I made it lane change with the blinker and when I decided to stop altogether, I used the brake.
I meant after it takes an exit. After the countdown "500ft, 400ft, etc.", it asked me to press the accelerator to keep autopilot on (I thought it does this for everybody?). Maybe I'm remembering poorly, but I am certain it asked for an action from me on the accelerator.

Service Center told me today, that V9 was installed in Switzerland on 2 cars and revoked. But they don't know why.

Since than (according to teslafi.com and ev-fw.com ) no Swiss Tesla car received V9.

Yes we are special ;)
I was coming here to ask if anyone knew something about V9 in Switzerland. It is indeed curious that 2018.42.2 got installed in over 55% of the cars registered on TeslaFi and only 4 of them are Swiss. And 2018.42.3 is already on over 10% of the cars and not one Swiss car has got it...

I mean, what could be holding the thing? We have basically the same infrastructure as our neighbours, so the latest autopilot update should not be a problem (it has never been...). And the rest is basically UI changes.

I meant after it takes an exit. After the countdown "500ft, 400ft, etc.", it asked me to press the accelerator to keep autopilot on (I thought it does this for everybody?). Maybe I'm remembering poorly, but I am certain it asked for an action from me on the accelerator.

I did nothing and it smoothly went to regular AP and I continued on my way. I was impressed.

Reactions: boonedocks
Well, it feels very similar to v8.1
What I have noticed in these few days on v9 is that it keeps slightly more to the inside of a bend, while v8.1 was dead centred. I like it more in v9, it feels more natural to slightly keep to the inside.
it is also now able to get the autobahn exit using the blinkers, while it was always refusing to do it in previous version. I noticed it at "Lugano sud" exit, while travelling northbound. In v8.1 it did not recognise the exit lane and I had to manually override and move to the exit lane; now with v9 it recognise the exit lane, so using the blinkers it moves automatically to the exit lane and correctly enters the exit ramp.

I just had one occasion yesterday night in which it refused a lane change. I was travelling in the central lane, used the blinkers to move to the rightmost lane. The car started moving to the right, but after crossing the line with the right tires it refused it and quite abruptly returned in the central lane. It was somewhat unexpected, but not dangerous at all. I'm wondering why it refused, the rightmost lane was completely empty. The only thing was that it was heavily raining, maybe it got the sidecam confused.

Finally, found someone with the same issue! Has it happened since? Mine did this twice so far and it seems like it is fine now! Just a random bug with 42.2 maybe? Need to provide Tesla this feedback.

It happened again, but it doesn't happen every time I drive. I never had this with the 8.1 firmware but both 9.1 releases have done this sometimes. I'm not sure what makes it happen sometimes. I'm trying to pay attention to the circumstances when it happens. Turning the system off and then on again does seem to clear it, at least so far.

I haven't found it to be a general regression (lane keeping and smoothness seem about the same to me), but I 100% agree that the auto-exit is joy inducing every time.

NoA is generally pretty alpha-ish right now, especially on Mad Max, but all is forgiven when it perfectly takes an exit and tells you it's time to take over. Seriously cool stuff.

Yes we are special ;)
I've Twitted several times to Tesla asking about V9. This is my latest attempt just right now in case you (Swiss impatient friends) want to join:
Abraham Rubinstein on Twitter

Sorry, I do not understand your question.
Sorry, I typed that wrong. Was version 9 actually running on your car?
Service Center told me today, that V9 was installed in Switzerland on 2 cars and revoked.
I am trying to figure out what "revoked" means in this context. Was it just staged, ready for the update to be applied (yellow alarm clock)? Or, was it actually installed and running and then reverted to version 8 later?

I was coming here to ask if anyone knew something about V9 in Switzerland.......

I mean, what could be holding the thing? We have basically the same infrastructure as our neighbours, so the latest autopilot update should not be a problem (it has never been...)

It takes a LONG TIME for electrons to travel from Ca to Switzerland :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and arubinst