Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Buggy Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my 2023 model X at the beginning of November and I love it. I received a software update a few weeks after I got the car (not sure which version it was) but ever since that time when I put my car in reverse the cameras flicker and the music cuts out. Sometimes both things happen, sometimes it’s just the cameras, sometimes it more the music. I have taken it to the service center twice for this issue. The first time they just disconnected and reconnected the 12v battery. The second time they said it’s a known software issue and to “report bug” well I keep doing that but it’s so frustrating spending $80k on a vehicle that’s buggy. Other than that it’s fine (aside from a few rattles now and then). My FWD work great, interior and exterior are great. I’m just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. My husband thinks if it keeps happening with no fix I should request a buy back (I am not even sure this is a qualifying issue). Otherwise the vehicle has been great, no other issues.

About 3 updates ago, probably 2024.2.2.1, I started seeing a warning on my screen that there was a problem with the sound and the horn may not work. My horn works fine, but I lost my walk-away door lock sound (goat). I had hoped one of the next two updates would fix it. Nope. Problem is I just took delivery of my PX and declined Tesla's low-ball offer and hope to sell it to one of 3 interested companies. Makes it harder if there's an error on the screen. Guess I should have requested mobile service when I first saw it.

Upvote 0
So I got my 2023 model X at the beginning of November and I love it. I received a software update a few weeks after I got the car (not sure which version it was) but ever since that time when I put my car in reverse the cameras flicker and the music cuts out. Sometimes both things happen, sometimes it’s just the cameras, sometimes it more the music. I have taken it to the service center twice for this issue. The first time they just disconnected and reconnected the 12v battery. The second time they said it’s a known software issue and to “report bug” well I keep doing that but it’s so frustrating spending $80k on a vehicle that’s buggy. Other than that it’s fine (aside from a few rattles now and then). My FWD work great, interior and exterior are great. I’m just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. My husband thinks if it keeps happening with no fix I should request a buy back (I am not even sure this is a qualifying issue). Otherwise the vehicle has been great, no other issues.

I have this exact same issue with my '23 MXP and I took delivery on 10/25/23. So annoying so I finally have a mobile tech coming out on 2/27/24 to take a look.

Upvote 0