Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD issues with 2022 X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife drives a 2022 Model X. The left FWD seems to be slowly accumulating issues. At first it was making very odd sounds near the top of its range and sometimes opening slower than I figure it should be. Now it also has issues where the window only rolls up part way and then goes back down. It sometimes takes several attempts to try to get the window up all the way. I believe I've seen an alert about window obstruction once, but I don't know whether we get that every time. Are either of these things known\common issues? I'm assuming all these would be covered under warranty, but I've held off on making a service appointment as my last few services have become a bit of a hassle as they reduce the amount of loaners they give out.

My wife drives a 2022 Model X. The left FWD seems to be slowly accumulating issues. At first it was making very odd sounds near the top of its range and sometimes opening slower than I figure it should be. Now it also has issues where the window only rolls up part way and then goes back down. It sometimes takes several attempts to try to get the window up all the way. I believe I've seen an alert about window obstruction once, but I don't know whether we get that every time. Are either of these things known\common issues? I'm assuming all these would be covered under warranty, but I've held off on making a service appointment as my last few services have become a bit of a hassle as they reduce the amount of loaners they give out.
If you really need it, request a loaner when you first open the ticket.

Go to service mode then calibrate windows… that will clear the window stuck problem.

Sometimes fwd move slowly because they sense an object near..

FWIW I finally got a chance to try this. The service mode self-test calibration failed after multiple attempts. I was able to find the errors, which are VCLEFT_a375, which is what i suspected, that it thinks it is obstructed.

1708804983114.jpeg

FWIW, I took it to service and they supposedly lubed and adjusted the windows to fix the pinch. There was also a noise on the FWD at the top of the opening that sounded like rubbing, and they found the secondary strut was bad and replaced it.