Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often use the driving instructor example:

Student is driving
Instructor is still responsible but is supervising and can intervene

You know it's semantics if someone asks, "well who is actually driving? The student or instructor?"

Thanks for confirming you still have no idea what elements are actually part of the driving task and why Teslas system is, in their own words not capable of actually driving the vehicle!

You too could benefit from reading the Forbes link, but I'm sure won't.

I wouldn't expect any CEO (I'm glad we are saying fired now) who left a company to cheer them on. But Elon would go scorched Earth. If you need some examples of the people he's attacked on Twitter, I'm sure you could find a few if you looked.

That cave diver who helped rescue those kids made one mild rebuke towards Elon and that ended up with Elon going after him online and a court case resulted. So you think he'd handle being fired better than that? Ok.
I see. You're saying in the highly unlikely event of Musk being fired from Tesla, you believe Elon would go "scorched Earth", whatever that means, despite historical evidence to the contrary, because you don't like his Twitter tweets.

Live in your fantasy world, bro. You do you.

• Funny
Reactions: dsm363
I see. You're saying in the highly unlikely event of Musk being fired from Tesla, you believe Elon would go "scorched Earth", whatever that means, despite historical evidence to the contrary, because you don't like his Twitter tweets.

Live in your fantasy world, bro. You do you.
Yeah. No evidence Elon goes after people who have wronged him in his eyes? Thanks 'bro'.

I've only followed Tesla for 13+ years and been a loyal customer. Without customers like me and other early customers, Tesla likely wouldn't be around so you can complain but 'you do you' as you said. So it should bother you that someone who has been to almost 10 Tesla events, bought 3 cars, Telsa solar and Powerwalls is sick of his antics and might not buy another car from them if he continues to take Tesla down this odd path of posting crazy things that distract people from the company and removing standard features without having a replacement ready.

And 'historical evidence' says he won't attack anyone after being fired but it's unlikely he'll ever be fired from a company he is CEO of because he's gotten fired before. Got it.

I am so thankful we have someone with your deep connection to the company and historical knowledge of what Tesla was like in the early days as a customer to set me right. I appreciate it. This forum couldn't function without someone like you correcting people.

Reactions: evo9rs
Yeah. No evidence Elon goes after people who have wronged him in his eyes? Thanks 'bro'.

I've only followed Tesla for 13+ years and been a loyal customer. Without customers like me and other early customers, Tesla likely wouldn't be around so you can complain but 'you do you' as you said. So it should bother you that someone who has been to almost 10 Tesla events, bought 3 cars, Telsa solar and Powerwalls is sick of his antics and might not buy another car from them if he continues to take Tesla down this odd path of posting crazy things that distract people from the company and removing standard features without having a replacement ready.

And 'historical evidence' says he won't attack anyone after being fired but it's unlikely he'll ever be fired from a company he is CEO of because he's gotten fired before. Got it.

I am so thankful we have someone with your deep connection to the company and historical knowledge of what Tesla was like in the early days as a customer to set me right. I appreciate it. This forum couldn't function without someone like you correcting people.
Yes! Appreciate you, too.

And I'm glad to have moderator with such imagination! What the hell is wrong with that? Nothing.

You can invent all the day long what you think Musk may or may not do. I will follow the results.

• Funny
Yes! Appreciate you, too.

And I'm glad to have moderator with such imagination! What the hell is wrong with that? Nothing.

You can invent all the day long what you think Musk may or may not do. I will follow the results.
Saying what someone might do in the future based on their past behavior would be 'inventing' it as it hasn't happened yet. I get how that might confuse you though.

Saying what someone might do in the future based on their past behavior would be 'inventing' it as it hasn't happened yet. I get how that might confuse you though.
You've predicted a leader's behavior without knowing them, against historical evidence of the same situation, by their Twitter tweets because it confirms your bias. Yes, I believe "inventing" applies.

• Funny
You've predicted a leader's behavior without knowing them, against historical evidence of the same situation, by their Twitter tweets because it confirms your bias. Yes, I believe "inventing" applies.
Tweets are always from Twitter by the way. Yes, predicting what someone might do in the future is 'inventing' it because it hasn't happened yet. I get how processing such complex issues is tough for some. I don't know him but imagine I've met him more times than you have. But sure, you can't possibly predict behavior from someone's public behavior over many years. Again, this forum would be lost without you.

And they are called posts now, not tweets. Because if someone says "check out my latest post" you know exactly where to look. If they say "check out my Tweet" all chaos is unleashed. Or Elon says posts are “x’s" so that's much better I guess.

Last edited:
Tweets are always from Twitter by the way. Yes, predicting what someone might do in the future is 'inventing' it because it hasn't happened yet. I get how processing such complex issues is tough for some. I don't know him but imagine I've met him more times than you have. But sure, you can't possibly predict behavior from someone's public behavior over many years. Again, this forum would be lost without you.
Thank you!

You see what you want to see, and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Books have been written about this history, you know. Your imagining of history, assassinations, "attacks" (i.e. any disagreement from your line of thinking) could not be more one-sided or contrived. Bemusing, to be sure, but contrived. Life is always more complicated. And when braggarts lack information, they assume the worst possible outcomes. Never fails.

• Funny
100% driver error lol
If ur car is too low its on u where u park
If this happened on any standard parking curb or sidewalk cause u pulled in too close, would u also blame someone?? 😂
FYI, those parking stops are standard height

And u found others that agreed with u...🤣🤣🤣

I've just learned that my 2021 M3P has an eSIM so I can't remove a SIM card to disconnect it from the internet. How can I disconnect the onboard eSIM from the internet?
You can't disconnect the eSIM because it's soldered on the board.

You can however disconnect the LTE antennas (there is one on each mirror), but to reach the connector you have to disassemble your dash and get access to the connectors on the computer.
LTE Modem specs are here

This blog has more details. It also shows that the lte modem module board can be disconnected from the computer, although to gain access to do that is a whole lot more work (have to open the computer cover).
Tesla Model 3 US – LTE modem replacement (And some reverse engineering)

Tesla's service manuals are free, so you can always go look at those for more details.
Service and diagnostic information for independent businesses and individuals involved in the professional maintenance and repair of Tesla vehicles.

Edit: I will give you a chance to delete your own previous messages above. That language is not tolerated here and will get you easily banned as it is a serious violation of rules.
Forum Rules
Everyone here has a right to comment on your posts. If you don't like the comment, you can disagree (hover over the thumbs up logo / like and it allows you to choose) or ignore the user (hover over username, click more options, ignore), but you don't get to insult the people making them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.