Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SIRIUS XM PROBLEMS (AGAIN), THIS TIME WITH FAVORITES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had the tech out. He rebooted the car by disconnecting the battery (a 12v reboot or something.) He put the car to sleep and the favorites stuck. Yayy!

NOT SO FAST! Woke up next morning... they are back to sequential order again and it didn't work. At this point I just give up. Life's too short. I will never, ever, buy this car again. Lease is up next year. Something that resembles a real car will be available that's an EV. FYI... the full self driving I paid for is shite, the scroll wheels keep changing functions, The car drives great but it's meh the rest of it.

it's hilarious to me that after this was broken (and fixed) at least once before, they're still trying to blame the customers for it by doing stupid stuff like trying reboots and 12v disconnects, which are obviously not going to fix anything. it's a software issue. their software engineers clearly don't know how to write tests to prevent themselves from breaking stuff on every release.

perhaps if elon didn't whine so much about remote work and force everyone back into the office 40 days a week, he'd have the talent pool available to hire people who can actually competently write software. sorry, but as a SWE myself, crap like this absolutely infuriates me. i've worked for companies a lot smaller and doing stuff a lot less mission critical than what tesla does, and we still didn't go running around breaking critical features every six months.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
After many months of broken Sirius XM favorites bar, the problem was finally resolved by some software update and then worked fine for many months. I settled my arbitration case against Tesla, but the terms are "confidential" so I cannot disclose them. But about a month later, in January, a brand new software update broke it again and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed. Favorites will not pin the favorites bar permanently. You can pin them but 60-90 minutes later they will disappear. The steering wheel controls will work briefly but when the favorites bar breaks so does the ability to move through favorites.

After many months of broken Sirius XM favorites bar, the problem was finally resolved by some software update and then worked fine for many months. I settled my arbitration case against Tesla, but the terms are "confidential" so I cannot disclose them. But about a month later, in January, a brand new software update broke it again and I'm still waiting for it to be fixed. Favorites will not pin the favorites bar permanently. You can pin them but 60-90 minutes later they will disappear. The steering wheel controls will work briefly but when the favorites bar breaks so does the ability to move through favorites.

yes, we know. read the ten or so posts directly above yours.

the holiday update broke it again. i am still on 2023.44.1 and it still works. i refuse to update until we have confirmation they’ve fixed it again in a future update.

I just gave up and use the phone app. FYI.. Sirius updated that also and it was missing the 15 sec skip that we all used A LOT. The complaints were huge. They fixed it immediately. Not these "brilliant Tesla engineers".. they can't fix anything easy.

that doesn't work for those of us who often drive through areas without cell service. not to mention the app is awful for changing channels.

Yea..it's not the best alternative but the only one I know about

yeah, but it's not a valid one IMO. it doesn't solve the issue we're talking about here (which is easily changing between favorite channels) - if anything it makes it more difficult since you're having to look down at the phone and figure out how to make the app change channels (which is even more convoluted in my experience than using the tesla screen) rather than just tap favorites on the screen and change it that way. plus you can't use it if you have no cell service. it makes no sense.

I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one. Last time I sued for this on my 2019X (and won)
Might have to again:

i'll be shocked if it's fixed anytime soon. it was broken for over a year before they finally fixed it the first time, and then the fix lasted less than six months before they broke it again. it's the reason i'm still on 2023.44.1, i refuse to update until i know this is fixed.

it's hilarious to me that tesla as a company is more worried about trying to get elon's ridiculous compensation package pushed through again than they are about fixing bugs like this.

Yeah, it's still broken on my end (favorites disappears shortly after being pinned). This time I may sue in small claims instead of arbitration.
Knock on wood, but my favorites still appear. I am on the latest FSD version. Sure hope they don’t go away. I still don’t think that I can scroll through them though, but as long as they appear as my favorites will be fine.

Knock on wood, but my favorites still appear. I am on the latest FSD version. Sure hope they don’t go away. I still don’t think that I can scroll through them though, but as long as they appear as my favorites will be fine.
My favorites appear and can be accessed from the screen by scrolling through screens back and forth. That's pretty dangerous while driving. The defect is that the favorites cannot be pinned (or disappear shortly after being pinned) and that means you cannot access each channel by just touching one icon and you cannot use the steering wheel controls to jump from one favorite to another as the software is intended to permit.

So it sounds like you DO have the defect.

My favorites appear and can be accessed from the screen by scrolling through screens back and forth. That's pretty dangerous while driving. The defect is that the favorites cannot be pinned (or disappear shortly after being pinned) and that means you cannot access each channel by just touching one icon and you cannot use the steering wheel controls to jump from one favorite to another as the software is intended to permit.

So it sounds like you DO have the defect.
Ok - I do then. At this point, I have given up for a fix on what you describe. Anything is dangerous in any car that has touchscreens in my opinion. I don’t understand why none of the media can be displayed or controlled thru the drivers infotainment panel? The media stuff is probably by biggest disappointment with Tesla. I have gotten used to it, but it is still really bad compared to BMW iDrive combined with HUD. Never have to look at a thing except straight on the road and HUD.

Reactions: cwerdna
I still don’t think that I can scroll through them though, but as long as they appear as my favorites will be fine.

this is the point, though...having to look down at the screen to change channels is less safe than being able to just press the button on the wheel and keep looking at the road. not only have they broken a core feature (again) but they made the car less safe to drive in the process.

even more so because of their idiotic system where after you pick a favorite it takes you to that stupid "related content" screen, and you then have to look down and press two different buttons (back first, then the next channel you want to check) to pick a different one.

I enjoy the bug where I get in the car before SXM has initialized; I change the station to the one I want to listen to; it tunes to it, and then 10 seconds later, it tunes back to the previous channel on its own. I can't complain, though; I shouldn't even have SXM on my car.

that's the part that amazes me about all of this. those of us with the 3 and Y who have hacked our way into this at least have an excuse in that we're running it unsupported...but obviously they're using the same software for all models, since S and X owners are having the same issues we are. i can't for the life of me understand how tesla as a company can continue rolling out software for something as basic as the media player that is broken more often than it works, ESPECIALLY on cars that cost $100k.

perhaps elon should take some of that $55 billion he's always whining about not getting and put it towards some competent software engineers instead.