Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SIRIUS XM PROBLEMS (AGAIN), THIS TIME WITH FAVORITES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hold off on this, I didn’t test thru sleeping

i already started it...gotta update sometime, i guess.

the frustrating part about this is that tesla's support system is so awful that we have no way of reporting stuff like this. we can't really report it ourselves because it's an unsupported configuration, but there's also no way to just report bugs anonymously and get any kind of confirmation they know about it or are working on it.

i already started it...gotta update sometime, i guess.

the frustrating part about this is that tesla's support system is so awful that we have no way of reporting stuff like this. we can't really report it ourselves because it's an unsupported configuration, but there's also no way to just report bugs anonymously and get any kind of confirmation they know about it or are working on it.
At least on 44.25 it’s definitely broken. Sorry for the bad info. Could we have someone with a supported config report it officially?

my favorites just survived both the update from 38.4 to 44.1 AND a subsequent scroll wheel reboot. i will report back on deep sleep later tonight, but the early results are promising.

makes me wonder if this is an intel vs AMD issue. both of you who have reported this so far (@sparkywatts and @WhiteOnWhiteMY) are AMD cars, right? mine is intel.

other than that, i have no idea. i didn't do anything special, just updated and then went out for a drive to make sure the favorites were still working via the steering wheel (they are)...then did a scroll wheel reboot and waited for the system to come back, checked the wheel again, and the favorites cycling is still working.

makes me wonder if this is an intel vs AMD issue.

I'm thinking the same thing. And yes I'm AMD, and I believe @WhiteOnWhiteMY is too. This is going to get ever harder to track if bugs vary by MCU platform.

Just to share the other data I have (which doesn't get us a conclusion but may help others).

Quick Favorites disappears at wake/boot time

I rebooted the MCU. I was watching the MCU screen when it booted and actively saw first hand the quick favorites menu disppear. As in, Quick Favories was visible on screen for about 2 seconds post boot between Recent and Sources, then Favorites disappeared so only Recent and Sources displayed. So I know it happens on a wake/boot event and not on the sleep event.

Short vs Long press on left/right on steering wheel behavior

In much older firmware revs (before any AMD SiriusXM stuff worked) there was another steering wheel left/right behavior I noticed. Specifically one function for SHORT left/right presses and a completely different function for LONG left/right presses. Short presses would change between favorites or channels inside one source, while LONG presses would switch sources. On the current 2023.44.30.2 firmware I've observed zero long press behavior for changing sources. However, there is one Long press behavior you can find under specific conditions.

Start post reboot after Quick Favorites is gone and Favorites scrolling (next/previous) is now broken. Get to the point of having only ONE active favorite. For us that means un-star and then re-star. At this point you will now be able to see the Quick Favorites (but you must navigate to a different channel for the menu to show up when you only have one). Now in this state if you do a SHORT press left or right on the steering wheel you'll increment/decrement channels by one. However if you LONG press either left or right (doesn't matter which) you'll be taken to your ONE favorite channel. It doesn't matter what channel you start on when you do this. You could be 1 channel away from your one favorite or 19 channels away from you one favorite. A LONG press on the left or right of steering wheel will take you RIGHT to your single favorite.

What I suspect may be the designed functionality is that SHORT presses do channel change and LONG presses do Favorite change. Clearly this isn't occurring today though.

Again, neither of these above are useful for a solution, but they may be part of one I haven't thought of, that you may.

Last edited:
Quick Favorites disappears at wake/boot time

what you're seeing here is what we used to see on the intel side, before they fixed it over the summer. except back then, it wasn't tied to a reboot or deep sleep (although favorites would never survive those)...back then, it'd just reset them randomly in the middle of a drive after some period of time. and that period of time was never consistent. it was maddening.

Short vs Long press on left/right on steering wheel behavior

my guess is that the designed behavior is short press for favorite change or channel change (depending what you're on), long press for source change. that's how it still works on my car and has worked for over a year now (even back when the favorites scrolling was broken, it still changed channels sequentially on scroll wheel short press and sources on long press). this could be another intel vs AMD issue, which is annoying.

the other thing that has crossed my mind here (if my favorites survive deep sleep which i'll know for sure when i go out to dinner in a few hours), is whether or not updating to 38.6 vs not has anything to do with this. the first report we had of the favorites being broken again was in 38.6 - and i intentionally stopped updating at that point. someone then reported later on that it was fixed, which was the only reason i even said screw it and went to 44.1 this afternoon. i wonder if me skipping completely over 38.6 had anything to do with mine still working.

it SHOULDN'T, but then again they also shouldn't be breaking stuff every other update like they do every time we get an update...so who knows?

Reactions: sparkywatts
Updated to 2023.44.30.5.1 this morning and now my SiriusXM favorites no longer scroll with left scroll wheel inputs. My car is a 2021 Mode S LR refresh. I did unfavorite and then added them back and that worked, but only for about 5 mins. Any ideas on how to make them stick. Was so happy that they have worked flawlessly since summer.

I am still able to scroll trough my FM radio favorites.

Of course SiriusXM album art is still hit or miss with 90% a miss. It briefly flashes up and then disappears. I just don’t get how this is so complicated that Tesla can’t this right.

Still wish the Favorites Tab would have all my favorites, SiriusXM, FM Radio and that I could delete an Apple Music, Tidal, TuneIn. Not even sure how some are favorites. Annoying.

Updated to 2023.44.30.5.1 this morning and now my SiriusXM favorites no longer scroll with left scroll wheel inputs. My car is a 2021 Mode S LR refresh. I did unfavorite and then added them back and that worked, but only for about 5 mins. Any ideas on how to make them stick. Was so happy that they have worked flawlessly since summer.

I am still able to scroll trough my FM radio favorites.

Of course SiriusXM album art is still hit or miss with 90% a miss. It briefly flashes up and then disappears. I just don’t get how this is so complicated that Tesla can’t this right.

Still wish the Favorites Tab would have all my favorites, SiriusXM, FM Radio and that I could delete an Apple Music, Tidal, TuneIn. Not even sure how some are favorites. Annoying.

Report it to Tesla so they fix it again.

I guess I’m staying on 44.1 until we get confirmation this has been fixed again…

Last edited:
report it to tesla so they fix it again.
I would.. but something about having to mess with a 100k car to fix something so basic is off putting. I'm just not buying another one when lease is up. It's not a threat.

It's my 3rd Tesla and I swear the whole tech thing has gone backwards since my first model S. That one had a horn I can use. This one I can never find it so. it's useless. Favorites I can use. This one is a mess. Scroll wheels that do something. This one... for 2 years.. the wheels haven't even been assigned to anything

Reactions: crackers8199
I would.. but something about having to mess with a 100k car to fix something so basic is off putting. I'm just not buying another one when lease is up. It's not a threat.

It's my 3rd Tesla and I swear the whole tech thing has gone backwards since my first model S. That one had a horn I can use. This one I can never find it so. it's useless. Favorites I can use. This one is a mess. Scroll wheels that do something. This one... for 2 years.. the wheels haven't even been assigned to anything

i don't disagree with anything you just said, but please report it so it gets fixed. the more people that complain about it, the quicker it'll get fixed for all of us.

So I had the tech out. He rebooted the car by disconnecting the battery (a 12v reboot or something.) He put the car to sleep and the favorites stuck. Yayy!

NOT SO FAST! Woke up next morning... they are back to sequential order again and it didn't work. At this point I just give up. Life's too short. I will never, ever, buy this car again. Lease is up next year. Something that resembles a real car will be available that's an EV. FYI... the full self driving I paid for is shite, the scroll wheels keep changing functions, The car drives great but it's meh the rest of it.