Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be shocked if material, forward-looking, previously undisclosed data is produced and makes it into the official record. If I remember correctly, this is the BS lawsuit claiming Tesla lied about past production/sales projections. At best, I think we'd see evidence supporting why Tesla made the projections they made in the past and perhaps why they didn't materialize, which wouldn't be of much use now. e.g., "the reason we projected production of 2k/week is because we reconfigured the line to do X and our tests showed Y output. We missed projections because of a supplier/broken machinery/whatever."

If there even is a legal opinion on this eventually (very unlikely), the judge probably will likely not get into this nitty gritty detail in any event.

Yep. I'd be shocked if this order data becomes public as part of this frivolous suit.

Tesla doesn't disclose their order book as part of their quarterly filings
And, clearly, they are under no obligation to do so.

Orders are NOT firm and can change a lot during Tesla's course of business.

What IS material quarterly is tesla's financial "RESULTS" including Rev, Deliveries, Production, margins, CapEx, balance sheets, etc

Tesla also provides Guidance on future qtr results. Those results can differ materially from guidance due to many factors.. duh.

If you aren't comfortable with Tesla/Musk then don't invest in this equity.

I'd love more info on who's behind this suit...

• Helpful
Reactions: esk8mw and Drax7
I really hope Trump recognizes the important of Tesla's success beyond its environmental benefits. Electric car manufacturing is going to be huge! Hopefully America can keep the momentum going with this administration.
EVs are coming to the rest of the world, from other non US manufacturers, so it would be better for US auto manufacturers to not ignore this trend....

No, GM is using active thermal management. The article is clickbait by putting a headline from a warranty disclaimer.

But the disclaimer implies GM is not confident enough in their (LG's) battery management system to backup a 40% degradation over eight years/100,000 miles. A Bolt owner could lose 40% capacity in the first 4 years (for example), and GM is legally covered to tell the owner that he or she is SOL.

Can you imagine if Tesla had such a disclaimer? They'd be ripped to shreds.

It's the GM Lawyers covering their asses, expected is 10% in 150k miles. Now I do appreciate the bump in TSLA though.
I agree - that being said, 10% in 150k miles is significantly greater than empirically measured loss in Model S's, and 40% is an awfully big ass to cover and represents (to me anyway) a significant failure on GM's part to stand behind their product. An owner showing 39% degradation at the end of the warranty period will likely be left out in the cold.

But the disclaimer implies GM is not confident enough in their (LG's) battery management system to backup a 40% degradation over eight years/100,000 miles. A Bolt owner could lose 40% capacity in the first 4 years (for example), and GM is legally covered to tell the owner that he or she is SOL.

prismatic cells vs cylindrical cells may be the answer

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden

This may be why Tesla doesn't list degradation levels at all. (But they do say that normal degradation isn't covered. They just don't say what is normal.)

Bye bye Spiegel
original_68747951.gif

Easing up on my own outrage a bit. If a pack went down by 40% in four years, it'd likely go to 41% soon after be covered under warranty. Still, down to 39% after 8 years, and Bolt owners are out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.