Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's stepping down soon.

That may be, but it sure gets a legitimate discussion going in this election year.
Those who oppose will be taking a very clear position against the direction we are headed towards saving the environment.
Now is the time to do it since oil is about at the bottom and a third of the price it was a year or two ago.
Bernie always supported this sort of action but I expect Hillary will wrap herself around Obama and claim it was her idea.
Trump will no doubt have some "really great" comments about this.

Looking ahead to Friday's trading, max-pain is currently 177.50 and might rise to 180 by Friday. The effect of market makers will likely be light until Friday afternoon, then we could see some shift towards max-pain if volume is low.

I think one of the reasons why we see few buyers at the moment is that many potential buyers are kicking themselves for not buying on this morning's deep dip. In other words, buyers will be watching Friday morning's trading to see if they get another shot at a good deal. For this reason, if we see a dip Friday morning with the broader markets up, I think the dip will be much shallower before buyers pull it back up. Once buyers figure out that 168 is no longer available, they'll look more favorably on higher prices.

I believe that a good many of the morning dips we've seen in the past two weeks have been initiated by shorts and then the weak longs and stop-loss price-triggers do the rest. If we see many days such as today when the dips are met with buying and then we go green, the strategy of dipping on opening to get fear selling underway will lose its effectiveness. Moving the stock price upward to a point where we don't have as many stop-loss triggers in easy reach would help stabilize the situation as well. All bets are off if the broader markets do something really negative, but for now I just don't think the dips are going to last as long before buyers turn things around.

Last edited:
Sure there will be debates. And if the side against this emerged to be the next POTUS? Sure there won't be any rebound effect?

That may be, but it sure gets a legitimate discussion going in this election year.
Those who oppose will be taking a very clear position against the direction we are headed towards saving the environment.
Now is the time to do it since oil is about at the bottom and a third of the price it was a year or two ago.
Bernie always supported this sort of action but I expect Hillary will wrap herself around Obama and claim it was her idea.
Trump will no doubt have some "really great" comments about this.

Well, I'm out of stock and funds will be ready for leaps on Monday.
TSLA, if you are listening, and thinking about revisiting $160, could you please do it on Monday? Thanks.

I'm also selling an older parent, as-is, 70 year old, a bit grumpy most of the time, but heart of gold (he says) :). PM me if any interest! :) I accept cash, stock and options

Sure there will be debates. And if the side against this emerged to be the next POTUS? Sure there won't be any rebound effect?

I am fully invested in TSLA. I am down very, very, very big, but still up from where I started. I believe in TSLA or I would have sold a year and a half ago. And even if the short term is painful to observe, I do not think there will be a rebound effect to benefit what I regard as the source of evil in America. I think oil is permanently damaged and even if the oil lovers who deny science take over the WH, the influence of the masses who demand the changes that are possible, even if not considered necessary by the deniers, will be forced on it. And politicians have a survival instinct so they will adopt whatever position they need to hold office. Look at the chameleon in the Democrat's clothing who is really a Republican.

But I don't want to turn this into a political debate. I think reality will force the hands of politicians and the reality is that alternative energy is the future.

Yeh, neither do I wish to turn this into a political debate. I just don't think this $10 per barrel news will have any significant impact.

I am fully invested in TSLA. I am down very, very, very big, but still up from where I started. I believe in TSLA or I would have sold a year and a half ago. And even if the short term is painful to observe, I do not think there will be a rebound effect to benefit what I regard as the source of evil in America. I think oil is permanently damaged and even if the oil lovers who deny science take over the WH, the influence of the masses who demand the changes that are possible, even if not considered necessary by the deniers, will be forced on it. And politicians have a survival instinct so they will adopt whatever position they need to hold office. Look at the chameleon in the Democrat's clothing who is really a Republican.

But I don't want to turn this into a political debate. I think reality will force the hands of politicians and the reality is that alternative energy is the future.

Looking ahead to Friday's trading, max-pain is currently 177.50 and might rise to 180 by Friday. The effect of market makers will likely be light until Friday afternoon, then we could see some shift towards max-pain if volume is low.

I think one of the reasons why we see few buyers at the moment is that many potential buyers are kicking themselves for not buying on this morning's deep dip. In other words, buyers will be watching Friday morning's trading to see if they get another shot at a good deal. For this reason, if we see a dip Friday morning with the broader markets up, I think the dip will be much shallower before buyers pull it back up. Once buyers figure out that 168 is no longer available, they'll look more favorably on higher prices.

I believe that a good many of the morning dips we've seen in the past two weeks have been initiated by shorts and then the weak longs and stop-loss price-triggers do the rest. If we see many days such as today when the dips are met with buying and then we go green, the strategy of dipping on opening to get fear selling underway will lose its effectiveness. Moving the stock price upward to a point where we don't have as many stop-loss triggers in easy reach would help stabilize the situation as well. All bets are off if the broader markets do something really negative, but for now I just don't think the dips are going to last as long before buyers turn things around.

I would like to think that all the weak hands, and even some hands that thought they were strong, have sold out buy now, and there are not many more that will sell. That's what I would like to think anyway...

Yeh, neither do I wish to turn this into a political debate. I just don't think this $10 per barrel news will have any significant impact.

I'm not sure I follow. You initially suggested that there would be rebound if someone else takes office. Now you are saying you don't think $10 per barrel will have any significant impact. You do you realize how many barrels of oil we consume in this country and what that amounts to times $10? I think there is a helluva lot of good that money could be used for, as long as it was solely directed towards its stated purpose of alternative energy development. But, I am sure there are those in office of either party who might salivate at the amount and see other uses for it. THAT would be a problem, and not one we should ignore as possible.

I just increased my holdings this morning (transacted at174), my justification is based on the following:
1) A tour of the Fremont factory a short time back(NDA constraints) left me with a very warm feeling on productivity anddeliverables ……especially with Tesla Energy products and even the X
2) While at the factory receiving our second ModelS 90D (and trading in our perf sig), I observed an X delivery, the X wasbeautiful, which wasn’t the first thought I had when I saw the X at theunveiling. Point being, the X’s significant deviations from the norm seem to growon a person, leaving me more optimistic for mid and longer term prospects. Ihope FWD will be a blessing for those of us with obese aged parents in additionto already cited affluent parents wresting child seats.
3) In spite of observations noted in item #1, TeslaEnergy is not returning my communications to acquire Powerwalls and Powerpacksfor my small business endeavors, yet, I am seeing an aggressive deployment ofTesla Energy Powerpacks at Supercharger sites, and I interpret that as abullish sign of the power products’ value, would there be a ‘reasonable’bearish explanation for such behavior?
4) We’ve now enjoyed our Model S 90D for severalweeks and I’m elated at the refinement of the Model S in the 3 years since receivingour first Performance Signature MS - Not a single complaint other than I would haveliked to have a factory option for a second charger (I’m a former IT guy, wetend to enjoy redundancy).
5) I’m optimistic M3 will be a success
6) Sorry to cite a birdy but the birdy is in theknow, ‘Demand for the MS is still strong but, if/when the MS saturates the existingmarkets, there are still numerous additional markets to enter.’

Ok to be clear, I first made the comment "he's gonna step down soon". What I meant was I don't think what he proposed today is significant. You replied "there will be discussions". And I said sure there will be discussions but the side against this (be them paid by big oil or not) might end up being POTUS and act negatively to environment/clean energy, etc. That's the rebound I meant.

$10 per barrel of course is huge on the economy. But what I said was "I just don't think this %10 per barrel news will have any significant impact." Mainly because Obama is stepping down soon.

I'm not sure I follow. You initially suggested that there would be rebound if someone else takes office. Now you are saying you don't think $10 per barrel will have any significant impact. You do you realize how many barrels of oil we consume in this country and what that amounts to times $10? I think there is a helluva lot of good that money could be used for, as long as it was solely directed towards its stated purpose of alternative energy development. But, I am sure there are those in office of either party who might salivate at the amount and see other uses for it. THAT would be a problem, and not one we should ignore as possible.

Ok to be clear, I first made the comment "he's gonna step down soon". What I meant was I don't think what he proposed today is significant. You replied "there will be discussions". And I said sure there will be discussions but the side against this (be them paid by big oil or not) might end up being POTUS and act negatively to environment/clean energy, etc. That's the rebound I meant.

$10 per barrel of course is huge on the economy. But what I said was "I just don't think this %10 per barrel news will have any significant impact." Mainly because Obama is stepping down soon.

OK, I think we will just have to see what happens in the immediate future. There will be talk and there may be activity as a result of the talk. It also may be difficult to discern the relationship between the talk and the activity. I guess this is the same as all the talk about the direction of TSLA and how it will be slightly clearer in a week, after the ER. My hope is that the discussion of a $10 tax per barrel of oil produces as much positive influence on alternative energy development as the ER does for TSLA. But hope is eternal and the last bastion of those who have nothing else. And on both alternative energy development and Tesla, I believe we have more than hope.

If someone wanted to pick up more shares of TSLA in after hours they are at $170.90 at the moment for 100 shares. I'd expect most everyone would want to see where we start tomorrow, but interesting that LinkedIn caused such a drop in Tsla.

Well, I'm out of stock and funds will be ready for leaps on Monday.
TSLA, if you are listening, and thinking about revisiting $160, could you please do it on Monday? Thanks.

I'm also selling an older parent, as-is, 70 year old, a bit grumpy most of the time, but heart of gold (he says) :). PM me if any interest! :) I accept cash, stock and options

Cooks, cleans, does dishes....and gives sound investment advice?

How about one of my J17 190s that is down about 35%?....:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.