Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the refresh may come with an updated autopilot package as these seems to be a camera where the Side mirror meets the body
Please try and keep any talk of this related to stock impact. There is a whole other thread for speculating on WHAT the change is and was linked in the post.

AP coming to market finally has been a huge boost to sales just based on circumstantial evidence of casual conversations with Tesla employees. If this refresh is done right it could be another quite dramatic boost to sales at a point where it is likely most needed to get some people off the fence of the idea of waiting for the Model 3.

Whatever their Q2 number target is it just got a whole lot easier to hit.

Please try and keep any talk of this related to stock impact. There is a whole other thread for speculating on WHAT the change is and was linked in the post.

AP coming to market finally has been a huge boost to sales just based on circumstantial evidence of casual conversations with Tesla employees. If this refresh is done right it could be another quite dramatic boost to sales at a point where it is likely most needed to get some people off the fence of the idea of waiting for the Model 3.

TM currently isn't demand restrained, but only capacity restrained. So this won't have any impact on their Q2 number (or maybe even a little negative effect, because they need to change their production lines (although minimally)).

Or am I forgetting something?

Reactions: replicant

OK but I believe new AP HW will have a bigger impact on SP than a new bumper and headlights.
New AP HW would also be very unexpected at this point in time

32m of shorts is still a high number. It will be difficult for the SP to get killed by additional shorts.

The refresh is going to bump up demand temporarily as many of us decide to get rid of the ole' jalopy and pull the trigger on a new one. Still haven't decided if I'll be included in that group....

So are they going to announce this or anything? Will all US and EU stores also have these up, and the website change too, when they open in the US?

I think this will not have an impact as long as it's just a picture from Australia. Even a full blown 'reveal' probably won't propel the stock much at the moment, unless it includes some real surprises with clear value. However I am sure that this will give a respectable demand boost and allow sales of both new and CPO cars to continue to rise (or at least stay firm at the current, strong, level despite Osbourne, price hikes, old car, etc).

In any case I smell a scenario where we have a lead on the market in A: having new information, and B: correctly interpreting the value of that information.

I agree. This is a very big deal and it looks like no major media outlets or analysts, aside from a few websites, have said anything about it.
To me product announcements have always been unpredictable. Q2 ER is the event and/or the delivery report for Q2 which is bound to be celebrated all over North America, prehaps with a pre-results warm-up in Canada and then a post-results celebration in the USA. Well, OK maybe those are just the regular July holidays but either way there will be fireworks.

I agree. This is a very big deal and it looks like no major media outlets or analysts, aside from a few websites, have said anything about it.
I picked up an April 29 $260 for $4.25 thinking that the drop yesterday was mostly due to the recall and that the SP Will bounce back today, plus I hope that the reveal (I think there will be some significant improvements beyond the nose tweak) will help as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunhelm and tanner
TM currently isn't demand restrained, but only capacity restrained. So this won't have any impact on their Q2 number (or maybe even a little negative effect, because they need to change their production lines (although minimally)).

Or am I forgetting something?

I wasn't saying that there was a demand issue. We don't know either way honestly... what the impact of the TM3 has had on order rates. You can bet, though, that this was timed as such to ensure that there *wouldn't* be a demand issue.

Then the author has to explain why it's still hard or costly to borrow TSLA shares for selling them short. That same FUD argument was made by Standpoint's Ronnie Moas on CNBC during midday Friday. I see that CNBC allowed Moas to rehash his FUD on Monday evening, while the CNBC anchor wanted to revisit the 2013 battery fir-es.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Then the author has to explain why it's still hard or costly to borrow TSLA shares for selling them short. That same FUD argument was made by Standpoint's Ronnie Moas on CNBC during midday Friday. I see that CNBC allowed Moas to rehash his FUD on Monday evening, while the CNBC anchor wanted to revisit the 2013 battery fir-es.
Right? Sadly way too many investors listen to CNBC. Do you think we're in for an upward swing today or more hurt?

wish list of what update includes as a potential buyer and an investor,

1. either Tesla's best possible call today on what AP2 hardware will be, or designed to allow retrofit. of course, neither of those may be anything Tesla can guarantee today, but designed and built with that intent would be very nice to hear.

2. bigger battery.

3. same seats as Model X.

Reactions: Bgarret
Status
Not open for further replies.