Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for auto presenting doors, just like the front doors on the X

We are veering off topic (the *content* of a potential S refresh), I think that would be too much too. I expect a superficial change to the front, new battery options, and some minor changes to the interior like some changes to the plastics, and the rumored change to the seats. Basically, relatively easy and cheap to implement.

Not likely for two reasons. First, that would be a major redesign/rework of the body. Second, that would eliminate the possibility of opening the roof. No panoramic roof if a fixed windshield is in it's place.
Why is a major change impossible, they've had a few years to work on it?

Tesla said that a panoramic roof will be an option on the M3.

Visual refresh only makes sense if they need it to drive sales.
Disagree. If they believe that changes will make the MS more compelling I think that's reason enough for Elon.

Reactions: everman
Cooled seats is actually quite a big change... there have to be revisions to the HVAC under the frunk.

In addtion to the X Configurator, I can see the front seats getting revised to include the improved shape, perforated leather, and non-leather alternative material option throughout. I can see a new nose that fits better with the family. The press conference is for Elon to indicate a slight percentage increase in range due to the new nose and perhaps battery. (This would not be supported by EPA tests as there won't be any)

I am probably in the minority thinking there won't be a 100KWh revision announced. Note - the "Three Dog Day" blog post was July 17th last year so we're only 9 months along from that. I just don't think there will be another battery improvement yet. Happy to be proved wrong :)

Honestly, people are going crazy thinking up revisions. It all causes a "sell the news" situation on TSLA because we are drumming up lots and lots of rumours, which don't all get delivered. This sorta happened with the most recent Model 3 reservations number, which went from 274,000 to 325,000 but people were circulating guesses a lot higher than that.

Reactions: tanner
My guess is just the upgrade to 100kw battery packs accompanied by longer range and lower 0-60 time. This is very similar to how the ludicrous announcement played out.

I don't think that they will announce any refreshes to the S or capital raises during this call, but both will obviously happen with time. I think they're going to wait for a blowout Q2 ER in Aug to announce capital raise and announce S refresh even later than that.. no way they continue to sell the S the same way it has looked for as long as it has and expect robust growth with new (and arguably improved) products like the X and 3.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 1.02.25 PM.png

Edit: Nevermind, thought this was today's announcement. Unfortunate that they had to recall all of those vehicles but it's nice to see that they're taking the right precautionary measures and the market isn't really punishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.