Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed investor relations. See if that yields anything.

Heh, "I emailed investor relations." That's so cute. Like writing a letter to Santa Claus with the envelope addressed to "North Pole."

(Me? Cranky about Tesla Investor Relations never once responding to a single inquiry in 4 years? Nah.)

The question is, after the announcement(s)/conference, where is TSLA share price expected to go? Anybody see a continued upward or downward trend after that? I'm thinking positive for a while before it dips down.

Looks like the macros is calming down the excitement in TSLA. =\

Last edited:
Visual refresh only makes sense if they need it to drive sales. A P100D should do that on it's own, so it might make sense to keep the refresh in reserve for now.

No, the S is in "Osborne" lockdown right now. The X and 3 clearly show the design direction and there is too much reason now to wait and see what the 3 is like before buying an S.

Market research: My 3 year old model S doesn't have AP or other cool features. I am itching to upgrade but I am holding off until the 3 clarifies, or an S refresh is announced, whichever comes first. This customer is Osbourned.

No, the S is in "Osborne" lockdown right now. The X and 3 clearly show the design direction and there is too much reason now to wait and see what the 3 is like before buying an S.

Market research: My 3 year old model S doesn't have AP or other cool features. I am itching to upgrade but I am holding off until the 3 clarifies, or an S refresh is announced, whichever comes first. This customer is Osbourned.

Not to mention a refresh will give another reason for "Osbourned" Model S customers to trade-in their existing Model S. This will give Tesla more CPO sales which again will help Financials tremendously. It's in Tesla's best interest to get a refresh out well before Model 3 launch, otherwise they will potentially suffer from "Osbourned" Model S owners holding out a little too long not willing to upgrade.

Reactions: Lessmog

I appreciate the extensive research, but unless Tesla is actually seeing decreased S orders Osbourne isn't necessarily in the house yet. I question how many potential S buyers are going to wait 2+ years for the 3 instead of buying an S, especially if a P100D with improved 0-60 is announced, even with the existing nose.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Various rumors that seem like they're pulled from TMC speculation:

Tesla is making the Model S a bit more luxurious, and more expensive

Updated Tesla Model S with more features, higher price coming soon - Roadshow

Tesla Model S may get 'Bioweapon Defense Mode' and 100kWh battery option this week

My email of April 4 says: "We've ramped up Model X production significantly and accelerated delivery timelines. In just a couple of weeks, we'll be opening up orders online and in-store for Model X. Before we do that, we'd like to invite you to configure yours first."

Last edited:
OTH, it could be a pre-warn about bad earnings?
I posted on Reddit and here is what FredTesla says:
Tesla PR apparently unaware of an "investor call" today. I will update if something new. Edit: the call thing is weird, I wouldn't bet on it, but yeah news will drop today a 1pm ET though without necessarily a call.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51 and madodel
A MS refresh could include a huge windshield like the MX and maybe the rear glass like the M3.

Q1 ER-CC should have the first full quarter of TE with the new automated production line, which should be substantial. Q4 production was brief, and the bottom line results were reduced even further due to the costs and the time involved in setting up the line. They probably sized the line to either accommodate the output of GF phase 1 output (1/7 the of 35gWh) or the 15gWh planned for TE at the GF. So if Panasonic can supply the cells... In any case this will be the first quarter of TE income with no zero Cap-Ex.

They should also report production of roughly 3k-4k MX which should be a boost to SP.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Näky and tanner

I'm right there with you... Mine will be 3 shortly as well :)

Can't wait for AP

image.jpeg

This just showed up in my IB news feed. Looks like the shorts are still short.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC
Status
Not open for further replies.