Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of those in my mind were either coming out this month (wipers/headlights/pass/takeover/exit) OR would require level 5 autonomy approval (like de-summon/auto park). Do Teslas not auto park (both parallel and perpendicular) already?

AP2.0 cars do nothing at this point. Every feature of AP1.0 has to be re-done and re-released. De-summon/AutoPark don't require government approval if it is all on private property.

I think you are expecting things faster than it is going to happen...

It depends, they could release things one at a time:
  • Automatic headlights
  • Automatic wipers
  • AEB
  • FCW
  • SCW
  • TACC
  • Summon
  • Auto parallel parking
  • Auto perpendicular parking
  • AutoSteer
  • Smart Summon
  • Auto De-summon (automatic parking somewhere in the lot)
  • AutoSteer+
  • Auto pass/takeover
  • Auto exchange
  • Auto exit
  • etc.
  • And finally: FSDC.
We have no idea how those features will be grouped and released.
And of course: Auto Auto

Longtime viewer of this forum (and others like it) chiming in here. Loving the extreme negativity that I've been seeing lately on here and just about everywhere else you could possibly look. Been following Tesla for almost a decade and I have to say, I don't think it has ever been like this in awhile.

I just want to extend my thanks to those who short the stock...

We wouldn't be here without you. You've funded this company's growth and I look forward to the future that you have helped create. Without the short squeezes that you perpetuated, that our wonderful CEO took advantage of, we wouldn't be here. Those billions of dollars of capital raises, at high share prices, that you helped support through your convictions against Tesla, provided the foundation for a company that will change the world over the next 20 years.

Without your bouts of panic, from $30 to $190, from $120 to $260, from $175 to $290, from $185 to $280, and from $135 to $270, Tesla would have billions of dollars less to build and fund their new production lines. Thank you for donating those funds to the cause.

As we stand now, with more than 30 million shares sold short, I thank you for once again proving that the market demand for shares of TSLA is far greater than the natural supply.

Sincerely,
A 6-Year Long Shareholder

Longtime viewer of this forum (and others like it) chiming in here. Loving the extreme negativity that I've been seeing lately on here and just about everywhere else you could possibly look. Been following Tesla for almost a decade and I have to say, I don't think it has ever been like this in awhile.

We wouldn't be here without you. You've funded this company's growth and I look forward to the future that you have helped create. Without the short squeezes that you perpetuated, that our wonderful CEO took advantage of, we wouldn't be here. Those billions of dollars of capital raises, at high share prices, that you helped support through your convictions against Tesla, provided the foundation for a company that will change the world over the next 20 years.

Without your bouts of panic, from $30 to $190, from $120 to $260, from $175 to $290, from $185 to $280, and from $135 to $270, Tesla would have billions of dollars less to build and fund their new production lines. Thank you for donating those funds to the cause.

As we stand now, with more than 30 million shares sold short, I thank you for once again proving that the market demand for shares of TSLA is far greater than the natural supply.

Sincerely,

You know don't spend a minute out of my day reading garbage from SA but seeking A shorts spend a lot of their time here. This should give readers perspective who's really afraid of who.

Sincerely,
That counts as a first post! Congratulations!

Reactions: Intl Professor

As we stand now, with more than 30 million shares sold short, I thank you for once again proving that the market demand for shares of TSLA is far greater than the natural supply

Sincerely,

Yup, as long longs we can wait, as your post shows we have got TIME on our side. :)

Clearly I love it too since I gave you the heart option.

Another amazingly ingenious move by Tesla. You have to admire the in-your-face chutzpah. :D

Really love it, too. Only way to make this even better is to replace the "Not for sale" sign with a "Corrupt politicians forbid you to buy this car in Michigan. Did you know you can purchase this all-American car in communist China without being harassed by the government?"

Also...

We should welcome people like Mark Spiegel, Australian Man, Montana Skeptic, and others who display and spread the most extreme doubt about Tesla. While a normal display and level of doubt will just end up keeping potential investors away, an EXTREME display or level of doubt brings new people into the game...the kind of people that have a hidden value to long investors...

Recently, Spiegel shared with us the way he sees Tesla and it's shareholders. During his presentation to a crowd of investors (who paid to listen to him), he discussed Tesla shareholders as lemmings. While most investors makes decisions based on facts and figures and results, a person like Spiegel shows us that he makes decisions based on emotions and feelings. For him to share that with us was a gift...a glimpse into the clouded mind of a short seller...consumed by emotion, feelings and absolute certainty.

I personally believe one of the most important traits in life is being able to admit that you may be wrong. A great many longs understand this. We understand that past or present results may not be indicative of future results. We understand the risks and accept them. In my mind, many results are a coin flip - maybe I'll be right, maybe I'll be wrong - there are no guarantees. Risk is a natural part of investing, absolute certainty is not.

In Tesla short sellers, we see that important trait missing.

As Mr. Spiegel said, he feels that Tesla is a Zero. He (and others) feel, with absolute certainty, that there is an impossible amount of obstacles in front of Tesla and they will not overcome them. His emotions tell him that he is absolutely correct and his feelings tell him that he can not be wrong. He believes that it is all but certain that Tesla will fail. He sees absolutely no path forward for Tesla. In his mind, the future of Tesla is already set in stone. He sees no risks in his investment decisions.

To ignore the possibility of being wrong, to ignore risk, Mr. Spiegel (and other short sellers) fall into the trap of letting emotions override logical thought. I'm glad I'm not part of any group that believes that they can not be wrong. To be part of that group, would require surrendering logic and common sense, in the belief that emotion will lead them down a better path.

To be involved in the shorting of Tesla is to be part of a group of people who cannot see risk because of their emotions.

And a wise man once said, "Only when you combine sound intellect with emotional discipline, do you get rational behavior."

Montana skeptic isn't disputing it, so it must be true. But I can't find any source for it either.
actually, Montana Skeptic says/implies discounts prior to selling is the smart thing to do as it increase profits so they can sell more SUV's
"..
"Why is it then that even before deliveries start, GM is offering huge discounts??"
(MS below, underlined)
Here, let me try this again. Really slowly.
Because it makes sense for GM to do so. For GM, selling the Bolt at a loss actually INCREASES profits
..."

(because)

"",,Regulatory credit savings on Bolt sales enable the sale of lots more profitable trucks & SUVs, and more than make up for losses on Bolt sales. The same will be true of all other major automakers as they bring their EVs to market.,,""

so even MS admits the Bolt is a compliance car

this is somewhat OT, but somewhat On T as it points to (for me) admission of demand for real, long distance, rapid charging EV's
(upward Stock price pressure)
(whilst not even mentioning the Tesla Energy, which should overwhelm Tesla vehicles, until SpaceX overwhelms both, but for my grandchildren)
(and this really does/may affect stock price, tho not in short term, so apologies, however it's the weekend, Lord Ventanari)

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Status
Not open for further replies.