Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bolding.

Mrs. Clinton won the popular vote. She wants climate change to be addressed. If Mr. Trump plans to consider the will of the people, then he must take into account who actually won the popular vote.
Pretty much like Bush II did when he lost the popular vote to Gore. Oh, wait...

At the expense of the majority of the electoral college which is designed to make certain rural voters aren't steamrolled by urban interests (mostly a festering of subversive interests aligned with well meaning progressive voters)? The electoral mandate is to consider both sides for what they are, I agree, but not to give extra weight to the losers simply because they're more numerous.
Ladies and gentlemen Trump hasn't even taken office and we have off the chart FUD here. This feels like a SA forum. Relax!

No Ego is bigger than Trumps and this should assure you he isn't going to kill off any particular industry like solar/wind (the future) to hurt his ambitious US economy growth targets. Mark my words. He is one smart manipulating man. Oh right you guys wouldn't know this cuz all you heard was the mass dishonest media FUD.

Since winning the elections trump had zero tweets bashing anything. Should tell you a lot. Did ya'll catch his acceptance speech that was nothing like his previous speeches. I know the hate for him is real and goes deep but the endless FUD here is disappointing. Tesla in particular will be more than fine. It's a fire sale so act accordingly.

Companies like GM and F should be the ones worried with all the outsourced manufacturing plants outside of the US.
And OREO's!!!!! Don't forget the OREO's!!!!!!!:eek: :)

Will of the people is sacred and must be honored even if it is different from ours. Trump is our president now and he deserves full respect and cooperation for the next 4 years.

Mitch McConnell: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Oh, but at least he was respectful towards Obama. NOT.

Republicans had it in for Obama before Day 1

Republicans had it in for Obama before Day 1

Zero available at IB (there were some earlier):

Screenshot 2016-11-10 10.12.33.png

Hardly seems necessary to indulge in name calling when it comes to the next President of the United States. He thrives on the attention of others and I for one don't plan to give him mine. His record is his record. His personality is his personality. And if the past is predictive (which I am afraid it is), he will have very little to do with the day-to-day policy stuff that nevertheless is make or break for clean energy, climate change correctives or electric cars. He will appoint others to do that for him. And they will.
Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition
As I said before, the Model 3 is something Tesla must get right or suffer becoming (remaining?) a niche automobile manufacturer. Anything that threatens a successful rollout of the Model 3, whether that "anything" is an earthquake in Fremont, a fire at the Gigafactory or the removal of federal incentives that result in raising the 3's price, seems like an existential threat to the company.
Robin

Anything that threatens a successful rollout of the Model 3, whether that "anything" is an earthquake in Fremont, a fire at the Gigafactory or the removal of federal incentives that result in raising the 3's price, seems like an existential threat to the company.
Robin

Do you have fracking in Fremont and operatives with torches in Nevada? (Joke -- I don't think you do!)

I believe Tesla could survive ALL 3 of those events and Model 3 would still come on time (well, only 1 month delay for the earthquake and fire) and be a hit.

I would actually prefer for all corporate welfare to be repealed. I can handle level playing fields and I am sure Elon too.

You'd better think long and hard in regards to the true meaning of this. The petroleum industry receives a level of subsidy from our government that makes the renewable energy support look like pocket change. When we start recognizing the cost of war and military expenditures in the middle east, then we can see just how level a playing field we have. What about the cost of care for our injured vets? And the cost of health care related to pollution from ICE vehicle exhaust. Who pays for that? Hint; it's not Petroleum, Inc. A mountain next to a molehill is what we have here. A mountain so big we don't even see or refer to it in talks like this. How can you overlook this fact when making statements like this?

Short-term pricing-

While I am as uncomfortable as most other members over the current market prices, I have kept a significant amount of powder in reserve since late September.

Looking just at the correction since the Tues morning highs, TSLA is presently down about 7.5% and SCTY 9.2%. I am not hugely comfortable in diluting my handsome $16.96 SCTY average cost, but the merger, if effected, is just a week away and there remains a fairly attractive arbitrage - buying SCTY now equates to picking up TSLA at $174.36.

So, what does SCTY's recent high equate to? Those who bought at $21.02 were locking in TSLA at $191.09. TSLA right now is at $182.15, so that arb didn't work out well - they're looking at a loss of 4.7%. That is acceptable as part of a hedge...if hedging occurred - and it certainly beats taking positions in TSLA, to the extent one believes the merger will go through, but it still is a significant paper loss over a period of two days.

- to be continued -

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MitchJi
You'd better think long and hard in regards to the true meaning of this. The petroleum industry receives a level of subsidy from our government that makes the renewable energy support look like pocket change. When we start recognizing the cost of war and military expenditures in the middle east, then we can see just how level a playing field we have. What about the cost of care for our injured vets? And the cost of health care related to pollution from ICE vehicle exhaust. Who pays for that? Hint; it's not Petroleum, Inc. A mountain next to a molehill is what we have here. A mountain so big we don't even see or refer to it in talks like this. How can you overlook this fact when making statements like this?
If the oil subsidies are increased/level while all the anti-oil subsidies are attacked, that's when a lot of noise and political action does make sense, I agree (with the caveats that they be honest, not just slimeball propaganda). I still prefer to call apples apples, but they are both subsidies, and right now still too lopsided in favor of oil & coal (more oil near term, but coal is a horrible polluter).

If Trump is a noninterventionist, that right there is a huge reduction in oil and coal subsidies. Obama & Bush spent a huge amount on oil with Iraq (good job guys) & Afganistan et al. Unfortunately, that would make it harder for an increase in anti-oil subsidies, but there's still room for parity increases; charge oil companies and ICE companies for veterans' medical and retirement, for instance (hard sell?).

Last edited:
Reactions: SunCatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.