Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another way to read the statement about non-GAAP:

Finally, we note that starting in Q3, our quarterly financial releases will no longer include non-GAAP revenue and related financial metrics resulting from vehicles leased through our banking partners or that include resale value guarantees. We will, however, continue to provide additional supplemental information to investors to provide insights into our business.

The way I read it is that they will continue to report non-GAAP, but that the non-GAAP won't include "revenue and related financial metrics resulting from vehicles leased through our banking partners or that include resale value guarantees."

If my interpretation is correct, this is just a reflection that they no longer do RVG and they account for leases differently now. Remember that non-GAAP is still important for people because it removes the fictitious stock option "expenses" that GAAP requires companies to do, among other things.

The press release says 24500 is conservative unlike in previous quarters where they said within +/- 1%. The head shaving might have to wait after all.

What's the chance it is legitimately conservative and when earnings come out it is actually 25k? The market is so use to Elon's optimistic 'set the bar high' goals, I don't think they give any credence to him ever being conservative.

Had to put that beautiful number into a plot :).

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 21.13.20.png

Data from Tesla Europe Registration Stats
I am sure @Troy will soon add the data point there also.

looking for 100 dislikes here...

20k vs 25k is the difference of 0.006% of GM's quarterly deliveries... I personally think 2025 is priced into this stock... and that the odds of the PPS staying the same or even declining are higher than most would think.
In 2025, 2035 will be priced into the stock. That's how valuations work - they are forward-looking.

Very pleased with the deliveries.

So.. how much is GAAP positive going to matter? And what are your opinions on them reaching it based on today's PR? My brain tells me that financial data should be reserved for the quarterly report/CC, unless they have set a precedent in the past by releasing some financial info. in the delivery reports.

For some reason I thought TSLA was non-GAAP+ in Q4 last year, but I'm looking back and it doesn't seem like it.

looking for 100 dislikes here...

20k vs 25k is the difference of 0.006% of GM's quarterly deliveries... I personally think 2025 is priced into this stock... and that the odds of the PPS staying the same or even declining are higher than most would think.

Does GM make about $20k per delivery in gross margin? What is the ASP?

Taking the Apple analogy, it doesn't matter how many you ship if your gross margin is terrible. Apple can have a small marketshare and have a massive profit share.

The stock hasn't even priced in 2017, much less 2025. Because 2017 is about Tesla no longer being just an automaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.