Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth can it be criminal to decide not to sell your stock below a certain price? It is our stock, and a lot of us can agree on a minimum price we are willing to sell at.

What is criminal is a lot of the baseless fud (lies) being published to stop the SP surges.
I have to keep renewing my GTC (good till cancel) sell order of around $3,500 - $5,000/share, I think every 6 months. (If you want a morass of FUD, look at Seeking Alphalfa)

I noticed last week that ir.teslamotors.com redirects to ir.tesla.com. For the main website, tesla.com still redirects to teslamotors.com, though. Make of that what you will.

It's about time they update the introduction, too:
We believe that more than 100 years after the invention of the internal combustion engine, incumbent automobile manufacturers are at a crossroads and face significant industry-wide challenges. The reliance on the gasoline-powered internal combustion engine as the principal automobile powertrain technology has raised environmental concerns, created dependence among industrialized and developing nations on oil largely imported from foreign nations and exposed consumers to volatile fuel prices. In addition, we believe the legacy investments made by incumbent automobile manufacturers in manufacturing and technology related to the internal combustion engine have to date inhibited rapid innovation in alternative fuel powertrain technologies. We believe these challenges offer a historic opportunity for companies with innovative electric powertrain technologies and that are unencumbered with legacy investments in the internal combustion engine to lead the next technological era of the automotive industry.

How fast did the transition from car to full no more horses on the road happen? The long tail for horse environmental contamination is around 100 years so we could be looking at a world with significantly less tetanus infection risk soon.

somewhere around 13 years if you look at NYC easter day parade photos, referenced in Tony Seba's books. first picture, 1900, horse drawn carriages and1 car. (1913) cars and 1 horse drawn carriage. EV's may be on same curve
upload_2016-7-13_8-55-32.jpeg
upload_2016-7-13_8-55-48.jpeg

I am going to put in a GTC order to sell at $899 to under cut you though. And someone else will be happy to undercut me at $898 and so on.

There seems to be 2 "squeezy" scenarios.

1) A technical sqeeze, aka shares are "sold out". That is what the VW thing was. There were literally not enough longs selling to bail out the shorts which caused a high, brief, artificial spike. That is unlikely here in the absence of some Stockholder shenanigans. You don't really want this one. Since the reason for the spike is transient longs, even "strong" longs would be scrambling to sell at the top, which means that the top would never really come and you might miss the whole thing if you are on vacation. It's a bonanza for day traders who are lucky but really just a distraction for the company.
We don't want that?! If it happens due to institutions pulling in their shares to vote that should take at least a day or two? It might be a distraction for the company but it will have a huge impact for shareholders and option holders that sell and repurchase after the peak. This is the ST Thread isn't it?

If we get to something like $300, which seems conservative my relatively small number of calls will increase by over $200k! If that's merely a distraction please bring it on :D. I believe that will happen eventually, but sooner is better for options plus that would ratchet up the value of my portfolio.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarpedOne
Lower price for model X confirms production ramp is completed ,
Which implies they are above breakeven point .
To maximize utility , produce as long as marginal revenue
Is above marginal cost .

I agree. This is a good sign with regard to reaching Full Year target of at least 85k, possibly more if they have something up their sleeve.

Reactions: Drax7
Lower price for model X confirms production ramp is completed ,
Which implies they are above breakeven point .
To maximize utility , produce as long as marginal revenue
Is above marginal cost .

Wow. Pre-market seemed to be thinking that X60 is a good thing, and then the open happened and its all gone to hell very quickly indeed.
Yeah, I got in thinking that was a good sign... Ha. Whoops.

Wow. Pre-market seemed to be thinking that X60 is a good thing, and then the open happened and its all gone to hell very quickly indeed.

Short will try with renewed energy to bring sentiment down. :)

When accidents and neg, news didn't work, why should a new model brought to market be any worse for SP? I cant see why.. so hope and think this is amateur hour. :) but who knows..

Even the BBC is showing bias wil title "Tesla says autopilot involved in second car crash" and then goes on to say the driver ignored warning to take over.

I don't think that is particularly strong bias, this time. Autopilot was definitely in use, but the driver caused his crash.

Yeah this stock tumble is not good to look at, but it's probably some weak shareholders thinking the X60D is a sign that there is some demand weakness + short action.

TSLA has often fallen like this and then recovered most of it by the end of the day... I think that will happen today.

Macro is not down 1.83%, but TSLA is :(
As you wisely demonstrate, that strategy ultimately defeats the setup for a true short squeeze. The solution is to set no sell limit at all. If no one sells, the shorts are squeezed, squashed and slain. The shorts would have to bid astronomical prices to buy back and return the shares that they have borrowed. All the while their brokers would be hollering at them with margin calls.

The lurking question would be: at what level would otherwise strong longs be enticed to sell? Once they start weakening and sell, the price would start to come down, but likely remain at a rather high level if a significant number of shareholders choose to sit out the process. If Tesla shareholders do remain steadfast during the coming days, things could get quite interesting.

Apparently during the opening hour this morning some shareholders have chosen to ignore my suggestion. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.