Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, lets be real here. It's been years since the bulls here have been correct. In the past 2 years while the stock price have been flat the consensus here has been great SP appreciation in the short and medium term with many speculating in options too.

Strawman. "Bulls are wrong because 200day MA is flat for 2 years. " Were Bears right in the same period then? In what 2 year period was a Bear position profitable?

You would warn people off to miss the obvious rise in the next 2 years.

Strawman. "Bulls are wrong because 200day MA is flat for 2 years. " Were Bears right in the same period then? In what 2 year period was a Bear position profitable?

You would warn people off to miss the obvious rise in the next 2 years.

I'm not the one using a strawman argument, you are. I said that the call for great short/medium term SP appreciation was wrong in the past 2 years, that can be proved by looking at the stock chart. I never said the bears were right, try reading my post again. Why does it always have to be a bear vs bull thing with you guys? Try to balance your perspective a bit.

• Helpful
Reactions: FANGO and mmd
It's the posters that only comment negatively on every single issue regarding Tesla/TSLA that need to go, they offer nothing. Most of these type of posters have one thesis,, Elon is a liar and Tesla is run by idiots.

Now, wouldn't it be great if we collectively ignored these posters like PL? He is on my list, takes away the urge to respond and saves time reading the drivel. All together now, it's a couple clicks of the mouse. They are then left talking to themselves and they don't even know it, joke is on them.

Edit - typo.

Ahh, lets be real here. It's been years since the bulls here have been correct. In the past 2 years while the stock price have been flat the consensus here has been great SP appreciation in the short and medium term with many speculating in options too.

I consider myself to be bullish in the long term, but realistic about the short and medium term. Mass producing complex, physical objects that have to conform to numerous regulatory standards and deal with both environmental conditions and user interactions is hard work.

I don't expect big gains in the short term, and I do expect lots of volatility until Model 3 reaches stable mass production.

Most retail short term traders will lose big time. People buying and selling a couple hundred or even a couple thousand shares just don't have the financial ammo to push the market around the way the big financial institutions can. Nor do people at the retail level general have friends in the "media" who can shill one way or the other to manipulate the stock price.

Reactions: SBenson
I'm not the one using a strawman argument, you are. I said that the call for great short/medium term SP appreciation was wrong in the past 2 years, that can be proved by looking at the stock chart. I never said the bears were right, try reading my post again. Why does it always have to be a bear vs bull thing with you guys? Try to balance your perspective a bit.

No, you set up a criteria and showed we failed it. Because we bulls existed and were bullish in the last two years, when the stock was flat, we were therefore wrong.

Johan: We are proud.
Me: We should be proud bulls have a good track record since 2013
You:

I suggested that over a 3 year period we have a great track record. You shortened it to 2 to make your case, that it is merely flat for the last 2 years.

Edit: Not a strawman: Your logical fallacy is the texas sharpshooter

A bull case since IPO has been a great return on investment. Period.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: madodel
No, you set up a criteria and showed we failed it. Because we bulls existed and were bullish in the last two years, when the stock was flat, we were therefore wrong.

Johan: We are proud.
Me: We should be proud bulls have a good track record since 2013
You:

I suggested that over a 3 year period we have a great track record. You shortened it to 2 to make your case, that it is merely flat for the last 2 years.

Edit: Not a strawman: Your logical fallacy is the texas sharpshooter

A bull case since IPO has been a great return on investment. Period.

Then what do you call it when someone, for 2 years no less, is calling for a SP to greatly appreciate and it stays flat? Not right? It certainly isn't something to brag about. Sure you guys got it right in the year before that, but we are talking one stock here calling a stock to rise in value in year 1 and then being wrong about it not appreciating the 2 following years. Do you really think getting 1 stock right gives you the right to be cocky? I have gotten multiple stocks right too, I'm sure everyone has.

@Seesaw

Thanks man, I appreciate the few I do have in my corner.

Bulls not named Krugerrand were scarce for like 4 days.

You rang?

I'll just leave a little note here about how several of the 'this is just awful what Elon wants to do!' have changed their position and are now thinking it's not that bad an idea after all. I just simply processed everything in 4 minutes rather than 4 days before coming to the (right) conclusion. :D

For some perspective on forum "bias", TMC has been around for 10 years, I've been here for most of it, and we've been hearing the same complaints almost from day 1. The community has not deteriorated because of "mindless group think", we've put up with scores of "concern trolls" complaining about the bias, (until they become complete nuisances and have to be removed), and we remain one of the best and most balanced sources for Tesla information available. Well reasoned critical commentary is always welcome, but consider your audience, and remember we've been getting along fine before you showed up and will likely continue to do the same long after you are gone.

Huh, interesting. ETrade just relaxed margin requirements on TSLA. Not sure what the implications are right now but thought it would be worth posting here. I'm also not sure if this applies to all accounts or just mine:

Did you get notification of the change or did you happen to be looking it up?

This is what I'm showing on E*Trade as the margin requirements on my account. I believe this varies by account:

Screenshot 2016-06-29 17.55.59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.