Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car was built with soccer moms in mind - none of them care about the 0-60 time. Yes, it is safer, but most people are so d@mn stupid, they don't care about the safety aspect (you can't like the 0-60 speed AND care about safety, they're mutually exclusive).

The 90 MPGe was going to be there regardless of the design and features of the car. As I said, we all know we like the EV part of it. Other than the safety and the super fast 0-60 time, what makes this SUV better than the others?

You absolutely can care about speed and safety and I would argue that nearly everyone cares about both. In fact, some people view faster acceleration as safer because you can react defensively more quickly. Also have no idea where you are getting that people are too stupid to care about safety. It is a massive concern for the market Tesla is going after with X.

Men make most car buying decisions in most families. For many husbands, the safety of their wife and children are paramount. At least "safety" will be their excuse to spend family savings. They also want to show off a bit, and they really want to own a Tesla. I think these reasons will drive may sales.

I think the side impact intrusion differences with the next best SUV will be a large seller. You can in fact enjoy strong acceleration, which is under your control, and still appreciate being protected from the foolishness of others.

Can't put a price on life. This is going to sell like hot cakes. It's actually cheaper than a lot of SUV's with similar performance (Cayenne GTS, GL (AMG and optioned out, X6M, X6, X5M, etc.). What an opportune time to introduce the car with all the scrutiny the German manufacturers are facing. I just hope they can ramp up production smoothly and all suppliers get on board.

On the plus side, I also see this as one of those we've taken the hardest test (for engineering) the rest is going to be easier. Instead of focusing on the tech trickle down features Tesla now gets to recoup some cash and put all hands on deck for model 3.

apart from being very roomy, maybe like a Range Rover or Merc GL, it is indeed the falcon-wing doors which aren't just cool and sexy (don't forget, they do have a number of sensors avoding any unexpected contact with the car next to yours). They do have their right to existence in terms of getting into the vehicle particularly for moms who come along with their babies trying to put them in their child's seats. Once the doors are open, they simply have the entire space in front of them without being forced to walk around the conventinally opened doors and in case of having a car standing relatively close to the SUV, it is much easier to enter the second and/or third row due to the falcon-wing doors.

* Cleaner air quality inside the vehicle (allergies seem to be gaining on us)
* Flat floor storage under the second row seats
* Cockpit windshield which extends well into the roof-line
* Huge multi-function screen for everything. Remember, most of the public have never been in even a Model S.
* Self opening front doors.
* IMHO, 500k mile capable
* Section 179 business write off for EVs, first ever. ( for some, this is a $20k-30k discount)
* If you have ever placed a child in a car seat of any kind you would really appreciate the doors and seats.
* Auto-Pilot features which were not mentioned last night aside from auto-braking.
* Lower insurance rates
* Your wife and children never will be exposed to a gas station. Think how nice it's been to not have to use a payphone!

As I side previously, all these benefits will take a very long time to become understood. And with zero traditional marketing (which I agree with) the time is unusually longer than we are accustom to. Which helps with the demand too.

Anyway, so here is our downward trend as anticipated. I just don't have any more cash to throw at it. Bummer. Will have to wait patiently for the rest of the world to catch up.

I think the side impact intrusion differences with the next best SUV will be a large seller. You can in fact enjoy strong acceleration, which is under your control, and still appreciate being protected from the foolishness of others.

The suv is amazing, the complexity of the build and the slow ramp up as mentioned by Elon
dominate sentiment for now.

the sell off creates an opportunity to buy

price action wise, if we close above yesterday's high, double up

Last edited:
The price action doesn't make sense.

Yes, but it doesn't surprise me. Think about the people that walk into a $500k house as a potential buyer and decide NOT to buy it because the bedroom wallpaper is not to their taste. I don't know how many times I have seen or heard someone make a statement like that on TV.

If everyone who has their finger on the trigger of buy or sell had just driven the Model X for 30 days in their normal routine I can promise you what they would do.

This will take some time folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like another $15k loser day for me!

Yipee!!

Well, I hope you guys are right in your assessment of the car. I have 2 reasons for that. First, I want my shares to increase in value (duh), and secondly, I'm hoping a lot of people who already have a Model S will want the X and that will bring a lot of used S's on the market and drive the price down a little (so I can buy a 2 year old, well-kept one for a good price). Yes, I want my cake and eat it too. Who doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.