Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to assuage doubts, fears, etc regarding Model X and full 2015 delivery counts. Possible capital raise.

Yeah, stock has been put on down elevator and the B for basement button just pressed.

Long term, I didn't hear any news that was cause for concern or for breaking confidence that $1000/shr is attainable.

... soooo how's everyone feeling after that. slight roller coaster of an ER

The comments on the sheer size of the stationary storage market was eye opening. Increasing up to an order of magnitude per year. I also liked his context on the usefulness of Power Packs on existing utilities, allowing potentially half of the worlds plants to shut down.

Cap raise is interesting, I was hoping they could free-cash flow their way past needing that, but his comments indicated it would be for comfort, not critical path capital.

Uber question was the rabbit. Who's going to model the revenue from the automated mobility business?

Last edited:
The most boring one so far. I actually dozed off.

Next time, they should stop using FIFO on conference call queues and pick interesting ones first.

The second row seat problem is on Elon. Should've had a more boring version ready and let people chooose it as an option later. Nobody cared about the seat. It was the falcon doors that people want.

Capital raise will happen if stock punch through $300. ETA Q1 2016.

motion to dismiss

So moved.

While there was some good news on the call and some long-term zingers like Tesla=Uber conjecture, I feel like there could be analyst downgrades coming given perceptions of another Model X delay, reduced 2015 guidance, and a "no comment" on notion of capital raise. Tesla Energy sounds fantastic and I know it will be, but "reservations" with no deposit (not orders) can't be reasonably assumed to be 100% legitimate.

- - - Updated - - -

The most boring one so far. I actually dozed off.

Next time, they should stop using FIFO on conference call queues and pick interesting ones first.

The second row seat problem is on Elon. Should've had a more boring version ready and let people chooose it as an option later. Nobody cared about the seat. It was the falcon doors that people want.

Capital raise will happen if stock punch through $300. ETA Q1 2016.

Agreed on all.

Also, Trip Chowdry is loony.

The comments on the sheer size of the stationary storage market was eye opening. Increasing up to an order of magnitude per year. I also liked his context on the usefulness of Power Packs on existing utilities, allowing potentially half of the worlds plants to shut down.

Cap raise is interesting, I was hoping they could free-cash flow their way past needing that, but his comments indicated it would be for comfort, not critical path capital.

Uber question was the rabbit. Who's going to model the revenue from the automated mobility business?

agree with everything here. If you follow these forums most of the information related to effects of Tesla Energy is already known. it's good to hear it from the man himself though.

that, plus:
- make a lot more batteries in the same factory than they originally thought
- 25-30% margins

As far as long term guidance this looks very good.

So moved.

While there was some good news on the call and some long-term zingers like Tesla=Uber conjecture, I feel like there could be analyst downgrades coming given perceptions of another Model X delay, reduced 2015 guidance, and a "no comment" on notion of capital raise. Tesla Energy sounds fantastic and I know it will be, but "reservations" with no deposit (not orders) can't be reasonably assumed to be 100% legitimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed on all.

Also, Trip Chowdry is loony.

I thought Trip is some other type of person with how much influence he used to have on TSLA stock. Now I understand He is to be ignored.

Some fine tidbits, but Elon's tone not his best. A lot of sighing. They're def feeling some pressure there. I think it's clear the company is now, at least to some extent, demand constrained. I kind of wish they'd just come out and say it, it would take a lot of pressure off. The whole issue about how much the *could* produce next year would go away. "If we knew demand was there, we could probably stretch to 100k cars delivered... But frankly demand that high for $100k products is unlikely. We're already running way ahead of where we thought the company would be at this stage. The mass market is what we're gearing up for. OUr goal for S and X is to generate operating cash flow to build out our ecosystem. That means we have to manufacture them cost-effectively and avoid crazy marketing costs. That's why we've set a goal of a minimum 50% growth on this year. It's super-ambitious, but we're confident it will allow us to achieve our long-term strategy."

Cannot wait for X reveal. It's clear it's going to be one amazing vehicle. The two other massive pieces of upside from the call were: uber tease, and, more significantly still, forecasts of the energy business being a multi-billion dollar business as early as 2017. I don't think that's in the stock price.

Hang in tight, all. Long-term we'll be fine.

... soooo how's everyone feeling after that. slight roller coaster of an ER

Bored, but I expected as much. The stock price doesn't concern me that much. I just want details on Model X for curiosity's sake.

'Wake Me Up, When September Ends':

Nothing to assuage doubts, fears, etc regarding Model X and full 2015 delivery counts. Possible capital raise.

Yeah, stock has been put on down elevator and the B for basement button just pressed.

Long term, I didn't hear any news that was cause for concern or for breaking confidence that $1000/shr is attainable.

The market participants who can't tolerate the uncertainty, along with speculators, appear to have dumped their shares in AH trading. I'd guess that tomorrow likely presents a buying opportunity for patient investors.

The shareholder letter mentioned that Tesla has been building Model X evaluation vehicles on Production Line 2, so we know it's close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.