Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some money flowing to Twitter (Tuesday), SolarCity & FaceBook (Wednesday), LinkedIn (Thursday) and others reporting their quarterly results?

I think it is partly this ( I did earmark some money that I may have put in TSLA into FB today myself) and with the volume it is easy for the price to be manipulated. $262 was a point of resistance and was not defended aggressively.

Did you really mean resistance, or actually support?
When I see 'red' in the portfolio I have a tendency to loose what little mind I have left. Thanks for the correction. What are your thoughts on the reason(s) for the rather large drop today?

edit: I have added to my rather red August 14 270/300 spread at $256.......

Last edited:
Maybe some stops were hit at $260.

Really odd price action. It looked like an hour ago volume spikes on the downside.

On the plus side Tesla has model 3 under works (or at least that's what we speculate) in the design studio...

Notice... TWO vehicles under wraps :)

Could be the following combos:
1. outlandish Model 3, regular Model 3
2. Model 3 Car, Model 3 CUV (Doubt this)
3. Roadster 2, Model 3

http://i.imgur.com/Kr8iHwD.png

Only recent news I can find, might be this?

China Combines Knight Rider,Â*Tesla To Make Ultimate Model S Knockoff

Pretty sure that's a Tesla Model S with a random, amateurish bodykit stapled on, and some fancy photoshopping on the interior.

Also pretty sure this car/company doesn't really exist as "reported." So, if that explains the dip, I would expect a fast rebound.

This was reported last week. Also, 10 minutes of research reveals this company is no-where near ready to begin producing a vehicle, even if they have successfully built one of them. Also, it isn't clear if the company is even a real company. It looks like they posted a presentation online in an attempt to raise $1 million to produce a concept vehicle?

This is the Youxia One, a new Electric Supercar from China | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News

Many of the articles mentioning this are also throwing in comments about A123 and Fisker. This should tell you everything you need to know. Limited Edition EV inspired by the Hyundai Genesis Coupe Platform? :rolleyes:

image.jpg

Last edited:
When I see 'red' in the portfolio I have a tendency to loose what little mind I have left. Thanks for the correction. What are your thoughts on the reason(s) for the rather large drop today?

That speculative story about a possible Chinese knockoff of a Model S coming out next year may have inspired some FUD elsewhere and selling by funds with the help of their algobots, especially Chinese funds. In turn that may have triggered a cascade of toppling dominoes as the stop limits of weak longs were hit. A significant rebound usually follows such a scenario.

Even if such a Chinese car is eventually produced, it may not approach anywhere near the quality of a Model S or the standards of the US NHTSA without costly improvements. That’s not to mention the need to develop a production facility, source for batteries and charging infrastructure.

Remember that Elon hopes to see more companies building electric cars. The idea is to become a small frog in a big pond rather than a big frog in a small pond. In the long run being the former should be much more profitable. Meanwhile please try not to “lose” your mind or more of your assets may get “loose”.

That speculative story about a possible Chinese knockoff of a Model S coming out next year may have inspired some FUD elsewhere and selling by funds with the help of their algobots, especially Chinese funds. In turn that may have triggered a cascade of toppling dominoes as the stop limits of weak longs were hit. A significant rebound usually follows such a scenario.

Even if such a Chinese car is eventually produced, it may not approach anywhere near the quality of a Model S or the standards of the US government without costly improvements. That’s not to mention the need to develop a production facility, source for batteries and charging infrastructure.

Remember that Elon hopes to see more companies building electric cars. The idea is to become a small frog in a big pond rather than a big frog in a small pond. In the long run being the former should be much more profitable. Meanwhile please try not to “lose” your mind or more of your assets may get “loose”.

loose/lose: Yes, English is not my strong point even though I have no excuse as it is my native tongue. :wink: Usually, only Brian over at the TM forum corrects my spelling and grammatical errors. It is good to have someone here to do it as well.

Even if such a Chinese car is eventually produced, it may not approach anywhere near the quality of a Model S or the standards of the US NHTSA without costly improvements. That’s not to mention the need to develop a production facility, source for batteries and charging infrastructure.

I was thinking there's really not too much news and we are just tracking the movements in China and people are taking what profits they have in the short term while they can. Fair point about the frog in the pond analogy.

I'm also going to say what I said last year... TSLA is just in the regenerative braking cycle... before we go insane (except this time it'll be ludicrous). again.

Thanks for your usual voice of reason. I was not really rattled; I just had to bail from one short-term sold put position at a tiny loss. We are getting back into a cycle of schizophrenic sentiment, and hence huge volatility. As many others have said, I think once Model X finally emerges from the Bat Cave, all this nervousness will be washed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.