Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just buy a lot of few month out calls, wait for a pop, then sell them to buy the stock, or did you do this some other way?

It is just a reference to the fact that when you buy a call you are essentially purchasing a contract of 100 shares to be bought at some price down the road. Honestly I flip in and out of contracts and roll them forward that I never "officially" own those shares... I essentially have enough shares to say I am a shareholder, while my objectives is realistically to play the swings more than anything. As I make money on the options side, I have been slowly siphoning some of that profit into shares to slowly regrow that side back up and lower some of the risk of being near fully invested in options.

- - - Updated - - -

CVRP data just posted yesterday. Q2 numbers in California looking good:

View attachment 85180

What I like about this is how much more even Q2 is in distribution over Q1 this really shows how they have tried to even out their deliveries a bit more. If I squint it looks like around 1275 for numbers in Q1 and then Q2 is looking like around 1840. Which is a pretty nice uptick while balancing the deliveries.

Very cool. Want to add a histogram graph to the spreadsheet? Here's an example using the data you've collected:
Histogram Test - Google Sheets

Here it is (auto-updated):
pubchart?oid=1360523844&format=image.png

Saving the Sun NOVA Next | PBS

“That might be discharging,” suggests Mendenhall. “You’ll hear those clicking sounds throughout the afternoon as the batteries go back into the grid.” The first time he heard it, he thought there was something wrong—Tesla assured them it’s normal—and it’s still so new that nobody at the winery feels like an expert yet. But the plain white box clicking to itself on the edge of a vineyard is one representative of a wholesale shift in the way we think about energy.

Wow, great. Didn´t know you can have a pic auto-updating!
Next step: Try to put in the information about who owns a Tesla
so we can see if people with a Tesla own more or fewer shares!
Maybe two histograms with different color in one plot?

My guess was that the Model S owner have more shares and it
turns out to be true: Average number is 1264 for non-owners and 3011 for owners
(averages unfortunately not auto-updating :) )

Here it is (auto-updated):
pubchart?oid=1360523844&format=image.png

Last edited:
Wow, great. Didn´t know you can have a pic auto-updating!
Next step: Try to put in the information about who owns a Tesla
so we can see if people with a Tesla own more or fewer shares!
Maybe two histograms with different color in one plot?

My guess was that the Model S owner have more shares and it
turns out to be true: Average number is 1264 for non-owners and 3011 for owners
(averages unfortunately not auto-updating :) )

Geez. 10,000 shares is $2.6M in tesla alone, and we have 3 in that class. we have some wealthier members that I would have guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.