Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people seeing today? Flat and steady, sell down a bit, more room to run?

I love the fact the negativity is still thick with Tesla. Jim Cramer has changed his mood on the stock and suggests all their aggressive expansion will likely be financed just fine. He suggests this means further upside and I completely agree. We ain't seen nothing yet. All the technical analysts I follow are suggesting a new all time high. And like I said in earlier posts, if that is what is in the cards, Wall Street won't wait to bid the stock up. It will fly real soon.

I'm not sure if JB Straubel's slide presentation from the 2015 EIA Conference has been posted. Sorry if it has been I have not seen it.

http://www.eia.gov/conference/2015/pdf/presentations/straubel.pdf

Great post. New little tidbits in there. I like how they added more detail and renamed Model 3 to Model 3 Platform. Essentially a CUV and a Sedan. I'm stoked.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a good sign :frown:

Reveal and first handful of deliveries probably 2017 as stated in previous calls many times. Presentations need to be conservative and from what I've seen it's for high volume if you look at the charts it focuses heavily on the manufacturing ramp (which ideally would happen much quicker as time goes on).

That or they shift even more focus to Powerpacks/Powerwall which arguably have higher GM-- which isn't a bad thing for us either.

I'm seeing max pain for options expiration today (OpEx) is sitting at 245. I doubt we retrace back down there, but it is possible. Anything's possible on triple witching day.

Today and next week's price movement could be dominated, or at the very least heavily affected by Greece / Grexit developments.

Edit: thanks for posting Kallo's note, Lump. TSLA is showing very strong resilience even as NASDAQ index falls this morning. That is a nice bullish signal for me.

Thanks for posting. Another interesting tidbit from these slides : by 2020, the average Tesla will have a 70kWh battery.

Note also the 10 GW of "Controllable Charge Load". Considering the audience, this is signaling an interest in selling aggregated control of charging to utilities. The math is simple. 1 million cars need 10 kWh per day and if the utilities support it, they can each charge at 10 kW or higher. So this is daily demand for 10 GWh and can provide 10 GW of load. This is like being able to absorb the load of 10 nuclear power plants. It has the potential to preserve the value of baseload generation assets for utilities. So if utilities want to play, policymakers can accomodate. This would give Tesla and Tesla owners an additional revenue stream to offset the cost of EV ownership. Try to imagine a financial product whereby the value of this revenue stream would flow to Tesla in such a way that the upfront sticker price could be reduced. Perhaps this could knock off about $1000 off the price of the car. This sort of thing could make a real difference as we move into Gen 3 economics.

I'm seeing max pain for options expiration today (OpEx) is sitting at 245. I doubt we retrace back down there, but it is possible. Anything's possible on triple witching day.

Today and next week's price movement could be dominated, or at the very least heavily affected by Greece / Grexit developments.

Edit: thanks for posting Kallo's note, Lump. TSLA is showing very strong resilience even as NASDAQ index falls this morning. That is a nice bullish signal for me.

I'm seeing 250, but the numbers are so close that it could easily go up or down $10 midday. With the recent run up, Max Pain hasn't been coming into play for the long established monthlies.

- - - Updated - - -

13,000 employees... is that new?

More are jobs are coming to California. This passed:
California board considers $15 million tax credit to Tesla in exchange for 4,400 jobs - San Jose Mercury News

LUMP and I went on the same factory tour on June 9th. The factory was humming. NDA prevents me from releasing specific information but I think it is OK to say that after the tour we asked some questions. One of the questions elicited a response that had us (actually I think it was LUMP) to ask if we just heard what we thought we heard.....the answer 'yes'. I post this now because it has to do with a surprising (positive) number of the LONG term (don't read short term) production numbers potential at Fremont.

LUMP and I went on the same factory tour on June 9th. The factory was humming. NDA prevents me from releasing specific information but I think it is OK to say that after the tour we asked some questions. One of the questions elicited a response that had us (actually I think it was LUMP) to ask if we just heard what we thought we heard.....the answer 'yes'. I post this now because it has to do with a surprising (positive) number of the LONG term (don't read short term) production numbers potential at Fremont.

I'm not going to fish for the numbers you were told, but I'm curious why you were surprised. NUMMI churned out a half million Corollas and Prisms a year. It's 5.4M sq ft (= 88 football fields). Tesla used about 20% initially and even now they are using less than 50%.

Elon greatest inovation, building batteries in the Nevada desert out of sand & air in 2014, pg 16
Screen Shot 2015-06-19 at 9.43.10 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.